Announcement-please read

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Here at the Free to Air section of satelliteguys, I feel we have one of the best groups of people here. Everyone is like family (no, I’m not sending out Christmas cards to everyone) :D

But, with the increase of people getting FTA systems, we have had an increase in issues. The posts have increased, but the negativity from some people has also increased. We have had situations where members will be arguing with other members about how something works or newbies (and I consider a newbie someone who has just got into FTA) arguing with senior members about items. To have a disagreeing opinion is fine, but to argue to the point that it turns into a flaming war is not going to happen. Yes, we were all newbies once, but to flame someone because of their opinion doesn’t fly with us here. Also, some people seem to follow members around like a shadow.

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP.

Since this doesn’t affect 99% of the members here, the following is really irrelevant. To try to curb down on some of the crap that has been going on we are introducing the SatelliteGuys Vacation Club.

First offence is a warning. This will come from a moderator (Iceberg, Cascade or PSB). It will basically just say to tone it down a little…nothing bad
Second offence is a 3 day Vacation from Satelliteguys. You will not be able to access satelliteguys for 3 days (72 hours)
Third offence is a permanent vacation from Satelliteguys.

I hope we don’t have to give out warnings, but unfortunately due to some issues recently, it has to come to this. Again, this doesn’t affect 99% of the users, so there is nothing to worry about. Let’s just make it fun!

Please help us make the SatelliteGuys experience better for all. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM one of the mods :)

Iceberg, Cascade and PSB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)