Annoyed by my Hopper wanting to shut down to check for upgrades

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
2 things. First, because you mentioned it, my guide updates are hardly ever coming along with that nightly maintenance. My system update happens every night now at about 1:40 or so. It stopped doing it right on the hour a couple of months ago. But my guide updates have been very sporadic. A couple of times in the last month, I actually got down to only having two days of information in the guide. No amount of manual resets, or even total system unplugs would force it to update. It finally did, but it is a real nuisance to have a limited number of days in the guide. It makes me want to request that they give us somewhere to force the unit to update its guide. Does anyone else have this problem?

This issue of guide down to only 2 days data has happened twice to me on one of my 2 hoppers. I only got hoppers in December. It really stinks when it happens. I've been able to get it to update by doing an unplug reset but only when I unplug for more than 30 seconds. I don't really want to complete this procedure every other week for the rest of the hopper's life.

I have been up many time when the update screen comes up. Has never taken over a few minutes to update. Not a big deal for me. I pick up the iPad for the few minutes it is updating.

I have been up many time when the update screen comes up. Has never taken over a few minutes to update. Not a big deal for me. I pick up the iPad for the few minutes it is updating.

Different story when you have an EHD (or two) hooked up ;) . Or if you're in the bathroom/kitchen when it decides to automatically reboot and you lose your show buffer.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)