annoying dish logo after update

whiteandnerdy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Western North Carolina
hey all
my 625 DVR used to automatically update at like 3am. i had to disable it. is there any way to make it go back to watching tv after updating? because i hate having to miss 5 minutes of my show updating the guide.

oh yea and same deal for the 322 i have to
i appreciate the help!

I know on the 622/722's you can change the update time of day within the menus somewhere. I'm not sure if the 625 has the same option, but it might.

Just curious are you really watching tv 24 hrs a day? If not find a time when you aren't watching and change the update to then. If you are, wow...

no no hahaha no
i dont watch it 24/7

im just asking if there was anyway to right back to tv after updating because my dad gets so pissed off whenever there is a DISH logo on the screen. we just switched over from directv, the old recievers. if he happens to be awake at 3am and it does that he will come wake me up to fix it......

Well is there a time that he is always alseep? If so set it to that time. In order to make the logo go away right after the update set a VCR timer for 10 mins after the daily update is set and you will not get a loge when the TV is turned on (however I can't imagine that the 1 second that it takes to hit select is that big of a deal...)

Or you could tell your Dad to follow the instructions on the tv screen and just hit "Select "and the sat receiver comes right back on.

If the 625 is similar to the 622, I turned off the inactvity stand by, then create an auto-tune timer to fire 30 min or 1 hour after the daily update.

This allows the unit to do it's thing then wakes it up for the rest of the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)