Annual CineMax For $0.01/Yr Revisited

That is, provided you pay the balance in full during the grace period of the card. Otherwise, you incur the interest rate of the card. The problem with credit cards isn't so much the card as it is the user who isn't using one properly. Buying McDonald's on a credit card that you don't pay in full each month is foolish as you are just financing a Big Mac.

The key is to keep a SPECIAL credit card for this purpose.

I have a Discovercard with a very high interest rate. The interest rate is my incentive for paying it off every single time. I use it to pay bills that don't vary much, to buy gas, maybe at a restaurant. And since Discover pays bonuses, I actually get gift cards for restaurants, $50 off hotel rooms, ect. So it MAKES me money.

I also have a Visa with a 7.99 interest rate. So anytime I purchase something that is not in the budget, or maybe needs to be paid off over several months due to the size of the purchase, I use that. Which, you know, is how you're supposed to use a credit card.

Just got in on this awesome deal. I added it via the online chat with no problems at all. The online chat took about 5 minutes and the Skinemax channels showed up in less than 5 minutes. I saw several people mention that you can't get in on this deal if you got rid of Skinemax less than 6 months ago. I just dropped down from AEP to DVR Advantage in February but the CSR didn't mention anything about me recently dropping it. He added it right on like it was no big deal. As soon as I finished the chat I logged in to my account and the penny deal was listed right there in my programming. A couple minutes later I checked the guide, and there were all the Skinemax channels. :D

Just thought I'd add my experience to the list...

I completed an on-line chat yesterday, and was told that I couldn't add the MAX deal because I had recently downgraded from AEP to AT250 (last month). I was encouraged by the rep to contact them "in the future" so, I logged in again tonight.

This time, I simply requested the addition in my initial chat statement, and literally less than 5 minutes later I had MAX up and running. The chat was so smooth that it didn't even require any additional info from me after the initial request.

FWIW, I have both auto pay and paperless billing, and have been a "most valued customer" since 2005.

Actually, roulette with Dish CSRs seems to pay off much more often than with the folks in Vegas. :p

Just got in on this awesome deal. I added it via the online chat with no problems at all. The online chat took about 5 minutes and the Skinemax channels showed up in less than 5 minutes. I saw several people mention that you can't get in on this deal if you got rid of Skinemax less than 6 months ago. I just dropped down from AEP to DVR Advantage in February but the CSR didn't mention anything about me recently dropping it. He added it right on like it was no big deal. As soon as I finished the chat I logged in to my account and the penny deal was listed right there in my programming. A couple minutes later I checked the guide, and there were all the Skinemax channels. :D
I dropped from AEP to HD Only in February, and they wouldnt give me 1c Cinemax until this past Wednesday. Even the CEO email contact who was super helpful to me in the past couldnt give it to me in March or April. I waited till 90 days elapsed (Wednesday), and finally had no problem adding it.

I just called to get the deal.....eventhough I recently moved and was automatically given three free months of Max.....but they said I am not elgible until I have not been a Max subscriber for 6 months. I asked them if they could waive this requirement since I didn't actually subscribe to Max and also on account of losing the 15 Voom channels, but they said the system will not allow them to.

Call back.

I removed max last week and then called just now and got it for a penny. First Try.

I noticed that if I want to speak w/an American right away, choose that you are calling about your HD channels ... goes right to an American CSR. I explained that I was upset about loosing all the HD content w/Voom so I dropped my subscription, and if they added back on Max under the promotion, I'd appreciate it.

No Problem.

Ok.....just tried with the online chat method. No dice, as I had an introductory HBO/Max that ended in Feb 08. Was told to try back in August. That seems to be a long ways off:( Doesn't seem fair that those of us who had introductory offers can't do it. Wasn't our choice what introductory offer we got.

Guess maybe I'll try back. Though, you'd think their system, in this day and age, would certainly show that you had just called/chatted, and about what. But, I read this worked for many of you, so I guess it's worth a shot.

Certainly watch less TV in the summer, however, so maybe August is better, anyhow.

Ok.....just tried with the online chat method. No dice, as I had an introductory HBO/Max that ended in Feb 08. Was told to try back in August. That seems to be a long ways off:( Doesn't seem fair that those of us who had introductory offers can't do it. Wasn't our choice what introductory offer we got.

Guess maybe I'll try back. Though, you'd think their system, in this day and age, would certainly show that you had just called/chatted, and about what. But, I read this worked for many of you, so I guess it's worth a shot.

Certainly watch less TV in the summer, however, so maybe August is better, anyhow.

I have had the same issue due to a dish mover with 3 months of free Max. I've talked to several different CSR's but get the same story. It sounds like customers with a high level of programming are able to find someone who can magically bypass their computer system to allow the promo........very frustrating!

When I've seen account notes, certain information, though retained, becomes hard to find as the subscriber called in numerous times and each time, the account was noted. Soon, relevant information ended up on the third page, where many CSRs don't go back that far to see what you have been calling about.

So, what you might want to do is to make several calls about anything other than Cinemax. Call and complain about VOOM, call back and ask about the 722k, call back and ask about pricing on Superstations, call back and find out how much a relocated outlet costs, etc. Pretty soon, the fact that you had Cinemax will be way back in the notes. Probably a better chance of getting it, although I can't say it is a certainty.

Was able to sign up for it yesterday. No problems with the csr yesterday and was done in 10 mins or so. Had been told everytime on online chat though that I would have to get back to them in August as I dropped Max in February, so I needed to wait 6 months. If you aren't able to get it just keep trying guys. Good luck to all.

Just thought I'd add my experience to the list...

I completed an on-line chat yesterday, and was told that I couldn't add the MAX deal because I had recently downgraded from AEP to AT250 (last month). I was encouraged by the rep to contact them "in the future" so, I logged in again tonight.

This time, I simply requested the addition in my initial chat statement, and literally less than 5 minutes later I had MAX up and running. The chat was so smooth that it didn't even require any additional info from me after the initial request.

FWIW, I have both auto pay and paperless billing, and have been a "most valued customer" since 2005.
This is what I did also, as far as requesting the deal in the initial chat statement. Before it even connects you to anyone it asks what you're wanting to chat about. Here are the exact steps that I did:

1) Went to DISH Network -- Home > Customer Service > Contact Us > Live Chat & Customer Support

2) Chose "Programming changes" from the drop-down menu as the category. Chat window opens as soon as category is chosen.

3) Entered name, e-mail, phone number. In the "Please briefly describe what you require assistance with in order for us to better assist you." box I said that a friend had told me about a promotion called "Annual Cinemax For A Penny" where I could get an entire year of Cinemax for 0.01, and I was wondering if I could get in on this promotion. I also mentioned that I already had paperless billing and autopay.

4) Connection was made, CSR asked to please wait a minute while he read my request. A minute later he said "I'll be glad to help you with that. Just give me a couple minutes to bring up your information."

5) A couple minutes later he spouted off all the rules/requirements. I said that it sounded good to me.

6) A minute later he said it had been added, and wanted to know if there was anything else he could do for me. I told him that was it, and the chat was over. Took maybe 5 minutes if even that long, and Cinemax was in my guide within a minute or two.

I hadn't contacted Dish for anything at all since I dropped from AEP to DVR Advantage in February, so the comments people have made about calling in many times to "bury" the fact that you recently dropped Cinemax obviously didn't apply in my case. It was probably around 2:00am Eastern time when I did it. Don't know who the online chat connected to as far as location (USA, India, etc). He had an "American" name, but obviously since it was an online chat I couldn't really tell where he might be located by an accent. He didn't make any typos or use odd/incorrect english.

This is what I did also, as far as requesting the deal in the initial chat statement. Before it even connects you to anyone it asks what you're wanting to chat about. Here are the exact steps that I did:

1) Went to DISH Network -- Home > Customer Service > Contact Us > Live Chat & Customer Support

2) Chose "Programming changes" from the drop-down menu as the category. Chat window opens as soon as category is chosen.

3) Entered name, e-mail, phone number. In the "Please briefly describe what you require assistance with in order for us to better assist you." box I said that a friend had told me about a promotion called "Annual Cinemax For A Penny" where I could get an entire year of Cinemax for 0.01, and I was wondering if I could get in on this promotion. I also mentioned that I already had paperless billing and autopay.

4) Connection was made, CSR asked to please wait a minute while he read my request. A minute later he said "I'll be glad to help you with that. Just give me a couple minutes to bring up your information."

5) A couple minutes later he spouted off all the rules/requirements. I said that it sounded good to me.

6) A minute later he said it had been added, and wanted to know if there was anything else he could do for me. I told him that was it, and the chat was over. Took maybe 5 minutes if even that long, and Cinemax was in my guide within a minute or two.

I hadn't contacted Dish for anything at all since I dropped from AEP to DVR Advantage in February, so the comments people have made about calling in many times to "bury" the fact that you recently dropped Cinemax obviously didn't apply in my case. It was probably around 2:00am Eastern time when I did it. Don't know who the online chat connected to as far as location (USA, India, etc). He had an "American" name, but obviously since it was an online chat I couldn't really tell where he might be located by an accent. He didn't make any typos or use odd/incorrect english.

I had the exact same experience, except mine lasted maybe two minutes. It was by far the easiest thing I ever had done with a CSR.

Ok...after being re-inspired reading the accounts above, I tried again. Here you go:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (05-SWAT) Mark B.
(05-SWAT) Mark B: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in HD and DVR. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
William Nyman: ok
(05-SWAT) Mark B: To be eligible, you cannot have had Cinemax within the last six months. You removed Cinemax from the account on 2-5-08. Therefore, we are unable to give you this new Cinemax promotion
William Nyman: oh
(05-SWAT) Mark B: Is there anything else I can do for you?
William Nyman: No...was just checking on that deal
(05-SWAT) Mark B: Thank you for using Dish Network Live Chat. Have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

I guess I'm just unlucky? After midnight EST, and I still get nowhere. I wrote very similar stuff to what Scots wrote above, in the description field, too.

Billy...

I had the same problem with the online chat and I dropped my Cinemax in February also. I actually called up Dish network and spoke with someone that was able to get me the deal because as they said...I am a very vauled customer or something like that. Call or keep trying until you get it.

I also mentioned that Mark and Dan mentioned the Cinemax for a Penny deal on the Tech Chat and that was why I was calling. I think i got lucky with a U.S. CSR, particularly since I still had AEP in early February which should have made me ineligible.

I have been trying off and on for the past few months to get this (since i already have cinemax). It finally worked today. I talked online with a CSR and they removed cinemax from my account, then put it back on with the .01 deal. The whole process took maybe 3-5 minutes. Now i just have to make sure nothing else got screwed up with my account (seems to easy to believe!):)