Annual CineMax For $0.01/Yr Revisited

I currently have AEP 250 plus HBO plus Cinemax plus HD, and I am currently on Credit card Auto Pay, so shouldn't I be automaticly be getting Cinemax for .01, or do I need to call them?

If you currently have Cinemax you may have trouble getting it. I had the AEP and after downgrading I was told that I could not get it because I had received Cinemax in the last six months. I know that some people have gotten around this but I didn't feel like playing CSR roulette after dealing with my other Dish problems.

Since I see some things on the 5 star max guide that I want to see, I just signed up via chat. 2 years, a penny a year, can drop it any time. After that, full price, whatever it is at the time, on a month to month basis. Could still drop it then, $5 downgrade fee. Must keep cr card autopay and paperless, of course- but no programming commitment of any sort. Could even downgrade programming pkg.

Assuming, of course, that Cinemax is still in business 2 years from now.

Now- When I record something to my DVR from 5 Star Max, will it stay there until I watch it, or do I have some time limit before it self destructs?

Cinimax

I want to do the deal but I canceled Cini in February. I have come across csr's that will allow me to do so, but I didn't want to do autopay. I decided with the latest rumor of 2 more hd cini channels I will give it a go but now I can't get anyone to overlook that I have had it within 6 months.

My question is though if I do autopay, can I talk them in to putting the date 2 days after my bill is due as my money hits the bank on that day?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Now- When I record something to my DVR from 5 Star Max, will it stay there until I watch it, or do I have some time limit before it self destructs?

It's there as long as you want it to be there. I have about 10 movies on the DVR that have been there a few months. I just haven't gotten around to watching them yet.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if the "premiums" acted like the PPVs. I've ordered few PPVs, and lost them due to HDD crashes before I could finish watching them. I tend to watch movies in chunks.

Well I went to Dish's website and using contact us I told them I wanted the .01 Cinemax deal. I already do auto pay, but i told them to switch me to paperless satement so I could take advantage of the special deal. i already have Cinemax so i am not sure if they will give it to me or not, I will wait for an e-mail reply to see. Of course in my e-mail I told them I was a long time customer, and how happy I was with thier service. Hey you catch more flies, and hopefully special deals with honey, so I gave them a pat on the back to see if that helped.

Thanks for the heads up guys on this promotion. If I get it that would be nice, if i don't well nothing lost, but a couple of minutes of my time.

Nope, you shouldn't get it, as an existing customer. But you might, as you well know.

Gee, I hope I get my two cents worth. ;)

Thanks for the heads up! Did the online CSR thing and got the channels right away, couldn't be easier!

If you "moved" how do you get by the telephone number question used to Identify the account?

You didn't change your phone number when you "moved" did you?!

Back to the .01 deal...
Some people are saying cinemax for 2 years for a penny a year... Everytime I talk to a rep, it is only valid for one year. What gives? I have talked to 4 reps, tried the roulette thing.

Anyone know if you have to do CC autopay, or can you do the checking EFT instead? I don't typically pay bills to a CC, it seems backwards to me.

Yes, any autopay is ok, but CC is forward not backward, you don't actually pay for another 30 days and your money stays in your account drawing interest. Think about it, if you pay all bills by CC you get the interest on your entire cost of living for all year, that's a lot of money.

Yes, any autopay is ok, but CC is forward not backward, you don't actually pay for another 30 days and your money stays in your account drawing interest. Think about it, if you pay all bills by CC you get the interest on your entire cost of living for all year, that's a lot of money.

That is, provided you pay the balance in full during the grace period of the card. Otherwise, you incur the interest rate of the card. The problem with credit cards isn't so much the card as it is the user who isn't using one properly. Buying McDonald's on a credit card that you don't pay in full each month is foolish as you are just financing a Big Mac.

I just got it for 1 year for a penny. Now that there are 2 more HD channels, this should be very nice.

Ted

I just called to get the deal.....eventhough I recently moved and was automatically given three free months of Max.....but they said I am not elgible until I have not been a Max subscriber for 6 months. I asked them if they could waive this requirement since I didn't actually subscribe to Max and also on account of losing the 15 Voom channels, but they said the system will not allow them to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)