Annual CineMax For $0.01/Yr Revisited

I think it's a shame that someone prepay's with an annual subscription and has autopay yet still cannot get this deal. I call this REDICULOUS! Prepay is better than autopay.

I had no problem subscribing to the .01 Cinemax deal, but when I got my next bill, they had billed me the FULL Cinemax price (PLUS a pro-rated month)! I just got off the phone w/ CS and they CLAIM they have fixed my bill. We'll see come June 4th (when my autopay hits the credit card). I hope everything is good now. I don't understand why it always seems to take Dish multiple attempts to get things right.

Gary Walborn
gwalborn@gmail.com

No trouble getting the deal here. Just made sure not to sign up for auto-pay or paperless billing prior to the call asking for $0.01 movies.

I went to the online chat a few months ago on the last day of a 3 month freebie of HBO, Starz, Showtime and Cinemax. I told the CSR that I wanted to end my trial and add the Cinemax for 1¢ and he did it without question.

I really think it is the luck of the draw. Not sure if you want someone that knows what they are doing or one that doesn't!

New Member here, and Wanted to ask a quick question.
Is this deal available to new subscribers? I'm looking into Getting DISH, and this is a big leverage for me to go with them as well. Esp since I prefer autopay & paperless billing anyways.

I have a rep that is going to "Call me Back" to try and get me to subscribe, so I want to make sure I get this deal with my new sub.

New Member here, and Wanted to ask a quick question.
Is this deal available to new subscribers? I'm looking into Getting DISH, and this is a big leverage for me to go with them as well. Esp since I prefer autopay & paperless billing anyways.

I have a rep that is going to "Call me Back" to try and get me to subscribe, so I want to make sure I get this deal with my new sub.
I would sign up as a new customer but don't take Cinemax and don't do autopay or paperless billing. Then, once activated, call for that deal. I think you could do it either way, but just to be certain, go with the flow.

I second that idea. Don't depend upon the CSR to give you correct info- he/she may be mistaken.

I'd be afraid that they would screw up the bill. They already screwed up once and I had to contact them about it to get it corrected.

We'll see what happens.

I talked to a CSR that knew about the deal and added it on to my account.

I'm abit skeptical about him saying I was not going to be charged the 5.98 for the DVR service since this is new, I inquired to him about that, but he said it checked out correctly in his system, and I wouldn't be charged for it.

So I'm prepared to contact them when the first bill comes in and its all screwy.

I'll let ya know when I get my first bill... :p

We'll see what happens.

I talked to a CSR that knew about the deal and added it on to my account.

I'm abit skeptical about him saying I was not going to be charged the 5.98 for the DVR service since this is new, I inquired to him about that, but he said it checked out correctly in his system, and I wouldn't be charged for it.

So I'm prepared to contact them when the first bill comes in and its all screwy.

I'll let ya know when I get my first bill... :p

Sounds like she set you up with DVR Advantage plan. That's a good thing.

I just wanted to chime in, I signed up with Dish in April and they offered me the deal right off the bat.

Just wanted to add...I currently have DVR Advantage and 4 months ago I had the AEP. I just added Cinemax for .01 via online chat with absolutely no problems! Pretty cool, just added 3 more HD channels...well, one is a west coast feed of the same channel, but still a pretty good deal!

Surprised this slipped back to page 5.....tough I see someone started a whole new thread on the matter.

Well, I finally got mine! Reading about Chiller, and realizing I didn't get Versus, and the Stanley Cup Finals games, made me do some investigating on what I got on my Americas 200 vs what I'd get on 250, for $10 more. I counted at least 20 channels I'd use, so went online chatting with a rep. I also inquired about the Cinemax for .01, and after the spiel, even including "customer cannot have had Cinemax in the last 6 months", I was told I could get that, along with my upgrade to 250!

I read about them maybe relaxing the 6 month rule. Not sure if it was that, or me also upgrading. Regardless, it worked, and counting Encores, TCMs, FMC, Hallmark, and the Cinemaxes, I have a hell of a lot more movie channels, for $10.01 more a month. Well worth it, I'd say. Nice tradeoff, going to the $10 HD plan and adding this instead!

No trouble getting the deal here. Just made sure not to sign up for auto-pay or paperless billing prior to the call asking for $0.01 movies.
I already had both auto pay and paperless billing before asking for the penny Cinemax deal, and had absolutely no problems signing up for it.

$.01 Skinamax

Called dish last night about $0.01 cenamax. As long as you have paperless billing you are good to go. Also saved $5.98 when I called for bundling my package, first time I had a great CSR!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)