another 922 saved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crackt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
101w up north.
i bought a 922 recently to replace my 920. i piggy backed a battery on the original. a quick fix but another unit has a 10 year lifespan. thanks tmair. now off to master reset cause it was password protected. haha.

crackt out,.

Will piggy backing battery's work? It's seens like that would be the way to go then!

Cause on my 922, I can get to the original battery just by taking off the cover ( don't need to remove the VC2 cage)

You can piggyback the original but when done clip one of the original batteries leads to deactivate it. If you leave them in parallel the good one will be drained by the weak one.

how would you go about this piggybacking the battery? My 922 was made in may 23 2004 so i should be good for a couple more years, but like to know how when the time comes. I also have the 922 hooked up to a battery back up in case of power failure (APC 1300 va 780 watts)got it boxing day for $120

i bought a 922 recently to replace my 920. i piggy backed a battery on the original. a quick fix but another unit has a 10 year lifespan. thanks tmair. now off to master reset cause it was password protected. haha.

crackt out,.

Dang I forgot I password protected it, I had little kids in the home at the time, and HBO/MAX, you should have emailed me I would gladly give you the password.

I am glad you got the battery in, and all is working, it was a good unit.
Terry

Edited to add" password, just in case you read this before master reset: 62756
TM

Dang I forgot I password protected it, I had little kids in the home at the time, and HBO/MAX, you should have emailed me I would gladly give you the password.

I am glad you got the battery in, and all is working, it was a good unit.
Terry

Edited to add" password, just in case you read this before master reset: 62756
TM

yah it is a nice unit. thanks again. alot nicer than my old as the hills 920. how lovely is digital audio output. my stereo is in heaven. the video is alot better too. i master reset it anyways. got everything programmed and im gonna swap my sub over tomorrow.

crackt out,.

Cool I'm glad you like it, and that it worked out ok.
How did you do the battery swap, I figure mine still has about 5 years left on the battery, from what I understand the batteries are good for about 10 years, and mine is 5 years old this year., but it would be nice to know the easiest way to do the swap.
Terry

Cool I'm glad you like it, and that it worked out ok.
How did you do the battery swap, I figure mine still has about 5 years left on the battery, from what I understand the batteries are good for about 10 years, and mine is 5 years old this year., but it would be nice to know the easiest way to do the swap.
Terry

i didnt remove the old battery. i just got it from buddies house on monday. i tore into it as soon as i got home. it took about 5 minutes with the right torx screw drivers to remove the cover and vc cage. i checked the serial number and it stated the reciever was manufactured in 2000. i checkt the voltage at the battery and it was 3.06v. i had a battery on hand. i bent the leads to contact the original flat battery leads and sodered them in place. i was going to cut the old battery out as most how tos have it posted but i thought id do more damage then good by doing so. another voltage check and i had 3.59v. i clipped the extra off the leads and put it all back together. maybe 15 minutes. when i powered it up i did have my fingers crossed before i saw an intact uid. the video is so much nicer than my 920 and digital audio out is awesome with my onkyo 807. thanks again tmair. im smiling.

crackt out,.

... alot nicer than my old as the hills 920. how lovely is digital audio output. my stereo is in heaven. the video is alot better too. ...

crackt out,.

My 922 died a little while ago I think due to cap failure. :river I was thinking of getting a "cheaper" 920 to replace it for a while. My neighbor loves his 920's and hates his 922's and says they are the same which I know the differences. I rarely got to take advantage of the digital audio due to the family being "surround intolerant". :( I want my 4dtv sub back! Do you actually see that much difference in the video between the 920 and 922??? Are you using the same cables??? My 922 picture was beautiful but I do not want to step backwards! ;)

My 922 died a little while ago I think due to cap failure. :river I was thinking of getting a "cheaper" 920 to replace it for a while. My neighbor loves his 920's and hates his 922's and says they are the same which I know the differences. I rarely got to take advantage of the digital audio due to the family being "surround intolerant". :( I want my 4dtv sub back! Do you actually see that much difference in the video between the 920 and 922??? Are you using the same cables??? My 922 picture was beautiful but I do not want to step backwards! ;)

it could be my 920. i had some vertical bars that scrolled horizontally thru the screen i thought was interference. im thinking now that my 920 is just that old and needs some tlc (new caps). itll always be good with a 6ft mesh for the w5 music channels in my garage. i like the 922 better myself. the guide is much more responsive. its too bad your family is audio impaired. i love it loud and the audio out is a plus with my home theatre setup.

crackt out,.

i didnt remove the old battery. i just got it from buddies house on monday. i tore into it as soon as i got home. it took about 5 minutes with the right torx screw drivers to remove the cover and vc cage. i checked the serial number and it stated the reciever was manufactured in 2000. i checkt the voltage at the battery and it was 3.06v. i had a battery on hand. i bent the leads to contact the original flat battery leads and sodered them in place. i was going to cut the old battery out as most how tos have it posted but i thought id do more damage then good by doing so. another voltage check and i had 3.59v. i clipped the extra off the leads and put it all back together. maybe 15 minutes. when i powered it up i did have my fingers crossed before i saw an intact uid. the video is so much nicer than my 920 and digital audio out is awesome with my onkyo 807. thanks again tmair. im smiling.

crackt out,.

Thanks for the info on the battery swap, and I am happy your happy!
I loved that unit from the day I hooked it up, until I replaced it, and I love the one I have now, gotta love the digital audio!!
Terry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts