Another A-Bomb on A-Rod?

I'm not surprised that a dirt bag like A-Roid would be doing that stuff, considering he still has his drug pusher friend/relative around the clubhouse, even when he was told not to. Baseball is super sensitive to gambling ever since charlie hustler was betting on baseball itself.

If the reports are true about these games they had cocaine, violence and some other bad things going on . It's the same gambling ring that some Hollywood actors got busted on. . Gee guys, donate your money to charity instead of this garbage.

I am wondering....if MLB and the Yankees warned Rodriguez to stay from his cousin, why is he still being allowed in clubhouse? Or better yet WHO is allowing him in the clubhouse. Truth be told, this is no different to when Michael Jordan was writing checks to known scumbag gamblers on the golf course. One check, he wrote to well over 6 figures, if I am not mistaken.

I am wondering....if MLB and the Yankees warned Rodriguez to stay from his cousin, why is he still being allowed in clubhouse? Or better yet WHO is allowing him in the clubhouse. Truth be told, this is no different to when Michael Jordan was writing checks to known scumbag gamblers on the golf course. One check, he wrote to well over 6 figures, if I am not mistaken.

If only i could be able to write a check with that many zereos and not phase my net worth one damn bit!

And I remember the Jordan stuff too, the conspiricy theories that came out of that one were unbelievable!

It is amazing how $$ is thrown away by these people. $$ that can be put to good use. :-(

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

jamesalan9 said:
If only i could be able to write a check with that many zereos and not phase my net worth one damn bit!

And I remember the Jordan stuff too, the conspiricy theories that came out of that one were unbelievable!

Not to go on a Jordan conspiracy rant, but all that gambling stuff is was lead to his so called 'first retirement'.

This should not even be an issue to begin with. If someone wants to waste their own earned money by gambling it away, that is their business and only their business. It should not concern MLB nor the government.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

This should not even be an issue to begin with. If someone wants to waste their own earned money by gambling it away, that is their business and only their business. It should not concern MLB nor the government.

It depends. Arod is not above the law. I believe this is a illegal gambling operation.

televisionarchives said:
It depends. Arod is not above the law. I believe this is a illegal gambling operation.

That is my point. It should not be illegal. These are consenting adults choosing how to waste their own money. It should not concern anybody else,

Doesn't matter. As long as they are consenting adults and are not intruding on the rights of others, then it should be nobody else's business.

Doesn't matter. As long as they are consenting adults and are not intruding on the rights of others, then it should be nobody else's business.

Toby Maguire was part it the same ring. Maguire was hit with a lawsuit from a client of a convicted hedge fund manager who lost more than $300,000 of company money to the Spiderman star over several games, according to the suit. If they find he was hiding his winnings then it will be a problem. It's not like he wasn't warned about doing it.

If they are gambling away someone else's money without their consent, then that is a different issue because they are violating the rights of others (stealing).

I realize it is illegal partially because of the ridiculous IRS, that is a different topic of which we cannot discuss on this board. My point is that it shouldn't be and even though it is, I don't think it is all that big of a deal if A-Rod chooses to waste his money on it, and it is none of my business.

DodgerKing said:
That is my point. It should not be illegal. These are consenting adults choosing how to waste their own money. It should not concern anybody else,

Agreed. Jordan, Barkley and others have done the same. I was hearing today on the The Heards radio show, professional athletes and celebrities do this all the time. They will not get the privacy in Vegas. Hence the crowd he was with, Tobey McGuirre, Ben Affleck and other celebrities. The Heard stated that former "Welcome Back Kotter" star and professional poker player, Gabe Kaplan, either goes to these private parties or host one himself.

The problem I think is that they think these athletes will make the leap of betting on baseball...which would be a Grand Canyon type leap.

Gambling is illegal except when it is legal, and immoral except when the church gets its rakeoff. Didn't Phil Mickelson win something like a quarter of a million dollars on some crazy longshot he played?

When I was young, my uncle Demo used to play the Irish Sweepstakes, buying each of his neices and nephews a ticket each year. I don't know if it was legal for him to do that, but if it wasn't, then it was surely the only "crime" he ever committed in his life.

An issues MLB has is if a professional athlete finds himself in debt to someone in the gambling world, there could be the temptation to allow a game to be fixed in order to make up the debt.

This is what leagues want to avoid.

Sandra

An issues MLB has is if a professional athlete finds himself in debt to someone in the gambling world, there could be the temptation to allow a game to be fixed in order to make up the debt.

This is what leagues want to avoid.

Sandra
Also, allegations of out-in-the-open, illegal drug use and prostitution as well. With the prior warnings A-Rod's received this is something he definitely should have avoided

Was not being allowed to play poker in A-Rod's contract with the Yankees?

I just don't see how we can tell someone what they can or can't do in the spare time when "off the clock"? Unless of course it effects work performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)