Another channel gone

Looks like another channel went away. Z living, noticed it last night. Ch 191
Zee Entertainment, the channel owner of Z Living, has made the unfortunate decision to remove its channels from DISH. We made a fair offer to keep the channels up, but Zee rejected it. We also offered to extend the current contract so viewers would not be impacted, but they refused this as well. DISH is open to working with Zee and hopeful on reaching a fair agreement to restore their channels.

At least it streams...and for free on both the FireStick and the Roku. Don't know why Dish could not make some deal with them....
How about "Don't know why they could not make some deal with Dish....". If it streams for free why would, or should, Dish pay them anything? Just another pissant limited appeal channel that thinks it's more important than it is.

Just another channel that if you didn't follow this forum or website you wouldn't even known it was there or gone.
Talking Season 1 GIF by NEXT on FOX

Zee Entertainment, the channel owner of Z Living, has made the unfortunate decision to remove its channels from DISH. We made a fair offer to keep the channels up, but Zee rejected it. We also offered to extend the current contract so viewers would not be impacted, but they refused this as well. DISH is open to working with Zee and hopeful on reaching a fair agreement to restore their channels.
Sounds like standard boiler plate from dish promise, except that this time there is absolutely nothing about this dispute on dishpromise.com (at least, not for me when I check): https://my.dish.com/promise

Reactions: edisonprime
Looks like another channel went away. Z living, noticed it last night. Ch 191
Huh. I failed to notice it's appearance!
I saw this in the uplink report last night and thought about starting a thread on it. Then I was like "Nah, who watches the Z channels anyway?" Now we know. ;)

It is not just Z Living involved in this dispute. This is an entire suite of International channels (in multiple languages) that just happens to include one channel that is distributed in the basic core national Dish packages.

Uplinks Removed
191 ZLVNG Z Living removed from 110° TP 13 (HD Hidden)
191 ZLVNG Z Living removed from 72.7° TP 23 (HD Hidden)
660 ZALWN Zee Alwan (Arabic) removed from 118° TP 6 (SD Hidden)
661 ZAFLM Zee Aflam (Arabic) removed from 118° TP 6 (SD Hidden)
692 ZSALM Zee Salaam (Urdu) removed from 118° TP 8 (SD Hidden)
694 ZEETV Zee TV (Hindi) removed from 118° TP 20 (SD Hidden)
703 ZCINE Zee Cinema (Hindi) removed from 118° TP 27 (SD Hidden)
708 ZEENW Zee Business (Hindi) removed from 118° TP 1 (SD Hidden)
714 LVNGF Living Foodz (Hindi) removed from 118° TP 1 (SD Hidden)
717 ZING Indus Music (Urdu) removed from 118° TP 12 (SD Hidden)
729 & TV & TV (Hindi) removed from 118° TP 21 (SD Hidden)
767 ZEECI Zee Cinemalu (Telugu) removed from 118° TP 12 (SD Hidden)
772 ZEETE Zee TV (Telugu) removed from 118° TP 14 (SD Hidden)
776 ZBNGL Zee Bangla removed from 118° TP 8 (SD Hidden)
866 ZMNDO Zee Mundo removed from 110° TP 2 (SD Hidden)
866 ZMNDO Zee Mundo removed from 72.7° TP 18 (SD MPEG4 Hidden)
879 ZEEFM [Spanish Channel] removed from 110° TP 9 (SD Hidden)
879 ZEEFM [Spanish Channel] removed from 72.7° TP 7 (SD MPEG4 Hidden)
9900 ZEEKA Zee Kannada removed from 118° TP 1 (SD Hidden)
9905 ZEEMR Zee Marathi removed from 118° TP 14 (SD Hidden)
9970 APUNJ Alpha ETC Punjabi removed from 118° TP 26 (SD Hidden)
9660 ZEETV (694 HD) Zee TV (Hindi) removed from 118° TP 32 (HD Hidden)

Reactions: TheKrell
Yeah when I had AT200 and got the channel its programming was very similar to Folk TV (218)
Interestingly, I used to get Z Living in the $15 per month International Basic core package. Since then, I switched to the $15 per month Locals Only core package, which does include Folk TV, even though Folk TV is not included in International Basic. Hmmm... sounds like a good idea for a "replacement" channel for International Basic subscribers... :eureka

How about "Don't know why they could not make some deal with Dish....". If it streams for free why would, or should, Dish pay them anything? Just another pissant limited appeal channel that thinks it's more important than it is.
As others stated it is the whole ZEE Network. Z Living is just their English OTA type channel. The only issue with the stream, there isn't anyway to DVR it.

Reactions: pattykay