Another Clueless D* CSR Story

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lagmandan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
I've been waiting for 3 weeks to get my rebate form in the mail for my H20. I finally called today and was told the form is actually on the web (that would have been nice to know 3 weeks ago). After reading the form, it turns out that unless you live in Detroit, the rebate is only good if you bought the receiver on or after 11/25. Two DirecTV CSRs told me on 11/23 that the rebate was in effect for my area (Dallas), and that I can go out to Circuit City and buy my H20, which I did. I called DirecTV and the CSR basically told me I am out $200 since I bought the receiver too soon.

I called the customer retention line and complained. They basically said I can try to submit my rebate, but chances are it will either be rejected or I will get $100 instead of $200. After complaining some more, they finally agreed to credit my account for $100.

Seems like if D* could really improve their customer service if they just let the customer retention people handle all the calls.

Thought of that already. Aparently, the two year agreement is tied to the fact that I activated the H20, not to the fact that I got (or was supposed to get) a $200 rebate. In other words, I am no longer eligable for the $200 since I bought my receiver early. Their explanation was that since I wanted to be one of the first people to own the H20, I had to pay the price. This does not bother me. What bothers me is that the CSR incorrectly told me that I could be eligable for the rebate before 11/25.

lagmandan said:
Thought of that already. Aparently, the two year agreement is tied to the fact that I activated the H20, not to the fact that I got (or was supposed to get) a $200 rebate. In other words, I am no longer eligable for the $200 since I bought my receiver early. Their explanation was that since I wanted to be one of the first people to own the H20, I had to pay the price. This does not bother me. What bothers me is that the CSR incorrectly told me that I could be eligable for the rebate before 11/25.
Most CSR's at D* have no clue as to what is going on. I think when we call D* we should record the conversation for training purposes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts