Another Free BUD Extraction

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DefCon4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Northern CA
I answered another craigslist ad for a free satellite system, learned the dish was a 10' perforated Winegard that needed removal from ground level, so I accepted the challenge despite the 250 mile RT. It was in an exclusive gated community, and as a reward for the removal I received a 6-year old Mot, not GI, DSR922 with memory fully intact along with a NIB Pansat 2700A. To top it off I just received an e-mail asking me if I would be interested in removing another dish in the same community. Wow, this is more exciting than the stock market.:D:D:D

Not too shabby... was the dish's condition ok?

The dish was located at the edge of a private vineyard surrounded by windbreaker trees. In this CA Gold Country area the weather is never extreme, so the nuts and bolts resisted very little and the panels were pristine. Most fortunately, the numerous yellow-jacket nests:eek: were vacant.

Man I wish I could find some up here in Southern Ontario.Most have been removed along time ago.

Man I wish I could find some up here in Southern Ontario.Most have been removed along time ago.

Just a month ago I drove from Windsor to Niagara Falls via Toronto on Hwy401/407/405 and noticed many C-Band dishes, especially on old motel properties. I had to stay in one in Niagara Falls and asked the owner about the dish on his roof. It was no longer being used, and he was willing to let me have it in exchange for my removal effort. I had flown into Chicago from California, so I had to turn down the opportunity.:(

I can sift through my receipts for the address if you're interested. I also saw a number of closed, country gas stations with dishes on the roof, but looked to be 3-4 feet in diameter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)