Another Good One

datwell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 25, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Ok, I have a bit of a brain-teaser for your consideration...

I cannot receive anything on Transponder 25 on the 61.5 bird - all others are ok. The signal strength is a bit low on 61.5 and we did have some terrible wind a while back, so maybe my 61.5 dish needs tweaking???? :confused:

Any ideas? The signature tells the equipment.

---Doug

Go to Menu 6,1,3 and see if any of the boxes get a red X. If so, go to details and see if it reports an LNB drift on 61.5. If so, time to replace the LNB.

Do your locals come in on 61.5? If so, tune to one of the locals and then bring up your signal strength screen via menu 6,1,1. Should be a pretty strong signal. If not, you might need to peak it up a bit. Do that by having a helper watch your satellite meter while talking to you at the dish on a phone. Make small adjustments, giving a few seconds each time for the meter to reflect the change. This is the time to work slow.

Another possibility is that the 61.5 LNB has failed, possibly only affecting a few transponders. To test for this, in your set up, you would want to take a dual LNB off of either your 119 or 110 and swap it with 61.5 to see if you get those channels back. If you do, order up a replacement LNB.

vegassatellite: Thanks much!

I get no red X on any of the 3 sats and our locals do come in just fine from 61.5. I will see what reading I get from that.

---Doug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)