No Existing Sub can get Turbo HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmjunkin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
While surfing thru the different threads as well as on the "other site" it looks as though people are being told by Executive CSR's that Turbo is only available to new DISH customers and not to the rest of us. I have also been reading that DISH HD absolute will be grandfathered but with no additional channels. I have sent a PM to Scott but have not heard back. I hope this is not true because if it is it is a total slap in the face to the current DISH customer and is another example of how they are screwing themselves with us. Hopefully none of this is true but I wanted to start the thread in hopes of us finding out the facts before 8/1.:confused:

That makes Turbo HD sound like Eastern Arc, even though Eastern Arc was supposed to have SD channels in MPEG4. Just another stupid programming decision from Dish...

Doesn't make any sense. Silver/Gold would be an UPgrade. Why wouldn't they want to take more of your money for almost the same thing?

I did hear that possibly, current Absolute subs could not DOWNgrade to Bronze. Still stupid, but at least it makes sense.

I reported this when they announced it on the retailer chat.

I dont remember you reporting it was only for new subs but maybe I am wrong. So if I want to go all HD I can't unless I do HD Absolute by 8/1 and then I get no new HD or RSN's. Why would DISH do this? I want all HD but I want my RSN's. This seems utterly ridiculous to me.

No change at all the new packages are for new subscribers only.

However the HD only package is also going away, you wont be able to order it on August 1st. (But if you have it your grandfathered) :)

However the HD only package is also going away, you wont be able to order it on August 1st. (But if you have it your grandfathered) :)

What about the New HD channels that launch. Will they be in the HD Absolute and how long before they let their existing subs subscribe to the Turbo Packages. I still do not understand why they would prevent us from getting an ALL HD package with RSN's but give it to new customers. I spend well over 120 dollars a month and they treat me like crap. Maybe time to look at D*!!! That is how mad I am over this.

Do we get all the new channels that are upcoming Aug 1 for the HD Absolute pack. If not i'm canceling dish, to much bullsh.t with this company period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dish CSR strikes again, if you do not have an HD pack now--you cannot order one untill 8/1/08 it is that simple no hd packs; Available untill 8/1/08.

Dish CSR strikes again, if you do not have an HD pack now--you cannot order one untill 8/1/08 it is that simple no hd packs; Available untill 8/1/08.

That is not what Executive CSR's and Scott said. They said you can get HD Absolute until 8/1 but if you do not have it then you cant get an HD only pack as it will only be available to NEW SUBS. That is what I have gotten from all this. Maybe I am stupid but that is the way I understand all this. That is why I am upset because if that is true it is BS!!!!

They are insane. It doesn't affect me, because I have an SD package but...man, I can't figure them out.

I'm probably moving around August/Sept. Right now, the HBOs are putting the advantage back to DISH for me, but...it'll be interesting to see how things shake out with Direct over the next few months, plus FIOS might be an option when I move. I just can't support such an irrational company.

Where do you all get this HD Absolute terminology. Are you referring to the HD only pkg?

Sorry I went to my bill and saw that terminology. But weird thingis, if that is the name then why not put it in the brochures with that name. They are almost too confusing to deal with anymore. And I sell and install it. Things change so fast and we have to jump SOOOO many hoops, it is almost not worth it anymore.

Last edited:
They are insane. It doesn't affect me, because I have an SD package but...man, I can't figure them out.

I'm probably moving around August/Sept. Right now, the HBOs are putting the advantage back to DISH for me, but...it'll be interesting to see how things shake out with Direct over the next few months, plus FIOS might be an option when I move. I just can't support such an irrational company.

I agree and this along with the many 129 problems we have might send me to D*. My only other choice in my area is Time Warner Cable and there is no way I will go there. My contract is up in February so I will wait this out a bit but I might not make it till Feb. the way DISH is treating its cutomers and with the totally stupid way they run things.

Read Scott's first few posts. If you have the HD Absolute package, you will receive the additional new channels at the same price til Feb. 09. You won't get the premium HD, if you don't already sub to the SD versions. Got it? A Dish CSR wouldn't know their own ass from a hole in the ground. When I wanted to upgrade to a 722, I was quoted 5 different prices from 4 different CSRs!! And Eastern Arc has nothing to do with offering different channels than what any other sub can get.

The problem is you don't get the RSN's and that is important to some of us. Plus, if we do not have DISD HD Absolute by8/1 then you are screwed and can't get an all HD package because Turbo is only for new customers. The whole deal sucks dude.

Last edited:
And I suppose we're going to also have the nonsense whereby you can't be considered a new sub if you've ever had Dish in the past? Anybody know?

Well, according to Dish Network's own webpage, you won't be able to get TurboHD as a current customer.

DISH Network -- Tools

I don't get why they would not sell TurboHD to an existing customer.

*shrug*

What are they going to do for existing customers that want to get HD? Make them stay with their standard def and pay $10 or $20 extra for HD access? I can't imagine them saying "you can't have HD" to current customers.

Robert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)