Another happy Dish to DirecTV convert

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DaveP

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 11, 2003
I just switched from Dish to DirectTV this weekend and couldn't be happier. Bought my equipment from ValueElectronics. Had a good experience with them, the equipment, and DirecTV.

Seeing the difference in the equipment really makes me wonder how Dish is still in business - perhaps they're just getting lucky with enough people never seeing DirecTV's equipment. I was using a 6000, 501, and 2700 before, and have since upgraded to two R10's and an HR10-250. Initial impressions on some of the more hot issues: yes, the guide is quite usable on the R10. As most have pointed out, the guide is slower than a snail on the HR10-250, but all of the HD OTA guide data is wonderful (and so far, accurate). I haven't really noticed a difference in picture quality. The only downsides I've come across are that Tivos have a 30-minute pause buffer (501 had 60 minute), and I miss the PIP guide screen, although it's not too bad with the translucent overlay - as long as I can hear the audio, that's all that really matters.

Now to figure out how to use all these new features that I never had with Dish equipment...

Good Comments

DaveP thanks,

I am considering the E* to D* conversion. I have a 921, 510 and 2700. I have had Tivos (standalone) for years and really like the way they work. Since E* announced no NBR for 921 I have really been discussed. People that have not worked with NBRs just don't understand how important they are.

Love MY TIVOs - guess I will be selling my Tivo standalones and converting to the R10s with the Tivo HD...Thanks again.

By the way, where is the best buy on a HD Tivo???

Merry Christmas

I would run it by Value Electronics first, remember members here get an extra 10% off, that cant be bad! Nice story DaveP, good luck!

PSB said:
I would run it by Value Electronics first, remember members here get an extra 10% off, that cant be bad! Nice story DaveP, good luck!

**DISCLAIMER** Not on the HD Tivo. Either way, good place to call.

hancox said:
**DISCLAIMER** Not on the HD Tivo. Either way, good place to call.

They still have it advertised at $899, so it's still a good $100 off MSRP. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)