Another MRV + VOD topic

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkboid

Original poster
Apr 24, 2007
I have gone back thru the threads regarding this topic, but still have a few questions, as the installers in this area know less than I do.

A Little background.
Had Direct with MVR installed about a month ago, call back and had Internet connection kit added. When the installer came out he brought an electrical line interent adapter. Basically two power strips, one that feeds the interent into the powerlines and one that takes it out. Of course when I plug the ethernet cable from the strip to my HR24 in kills the MVR.

I now know that I need a DECA attached to my router. Is their a diagram out there on exactly how to set this up? or an equipment list? I am a little confused if I need the installer to run a coax cable to the Deca behind the router, or if the Deca behind the router needs a hardwired connection to a receiver.

Thanks for any help, I have a feeling I am going to end up doing this myself just need to know what all I need.

I guess on a plus note I received the powerline adapters for $25.

PERFECT THANKS - If the installer can not work off of this then I will have him leave the parts and do it myself.

Sounds like he did it wrong to me too. I have a DECA Internet Connection Kit that connects RG6 to my Ethernet. My installer plugged into an Ethernet switch I have at my entertainment center as it was easier than going all the way to the router.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts