Another Newbie Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4uaj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
Hi all. Only had HD for a few weeks now and I wondering if this is a normal occurence..I was watching CSI tonight and it was 16:9 filling my screen most of the show..at one point it went to commercial and it was 4:3 like a lot of the commercials are but when it returned to the show it was still 4:3 and never went back to wide screen the rest of the show. After it went off i switched to SVU on NBC and it was wide screen. So like I said just wondering if others notice this happening at time or just a glitch maybe on the part of my local HD feed.

Thanks
Bill

Hi all. Only had HD for a few weeks now and I wondering if this is a normal occurence..I was watching CSI tonight and it was 16:9 filling my screen most of the show..at one point it went to commercial and it was 4:3 like a lot of the commercials are but when it returned to the show it was still 4:3 and never went back to wide screen the rest of the show. After it went off i switched to SVU on NBC and it was wide screen. So like I said just wondering if others notice this happening at time or just a glitch maybe on the part of my local HD feed.

Thanks
Bill

That's what it sounds like to me.

Not all that unusual.

It happens on ocassion to all the networks.

Our ABC affiliate actually has a physical switch they have to throw to make the transitions.

Sometimes they forget, Usually someone calls the station engineer and remind him to flip the switch.

Ok that makes sense...engineer probably had turkey injected with that stuff that makes you sleepy!

Bill

Ok that makes sense...engineer probably had turkey injected with that stuff that makes you sleepy!

Bill

Most of the Bears game Sunday was in SD locally, I called and the guy blamed the FOX feed, but he was wrong, when I went to the Detroit feed it WAS in HD, called them back and was told He's working on it, never did get HD that night on the local...
Sent an email to the Chief Engeneer there whom I 've known for a while to let him know, awaiting his response, probably hear from him tommorow.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.