Another one bites the dust....

I did notice that my replacement unit ran much cooler than the launch day 360. I hope I get another year off of it. lol They are working on a smaller compact unit I read in the past.

Microsoft has extended their warranty to 3 years on the red ring of death.
Open Letter From Peter Moore

To our Xbox Community:

You've spoken, and we’ve heard you. Good service and a good customer experience are areas of the business that we care deeply about. And frankly, we've not been doing a good enough job.

Some of you have expressed frustration with the customer experiences you have had with Xbox 360; frustration with having to return your console for service after receiving the general hardware error message on the console.

The majority of customers who own Xbox 360 consoles have had a terrific experience from their first day, and continue to, day in and day out. But when anyone questions the reliability of our product, or our commitment to our customers, it's something I take very seriously.

We have been following this issue closely, and with on-going testing have identified several factors that can cause a general hardware failure indicated by three flashing red lights on the console. To address this issue, and as part of our ongoing work, we have already made certain improvements to the console.

We are also implementing some important policy changes intended to keep you in the game, worry-free.

As of today, all Xbox 360 consoles are covered by an enhanced warranty program to address specifically the general hardware failures indicated by the three flashing red lights on the console. This applies to new and previously-sold consoles. While we will still have a general one year console warranty (two years in some countries), we are announcing today a three-year warranty that covers any console that displays a three flashing red lights error message. If a customer has an issue indicated by the three flashing red lights, Microsoft will repair the console free of charge—including shipping—for three years from the console’s purchase date. We will also retroactively reimburse any of you who paid for repairs related to problems indicated by this error message in the past. In doing so, Microsoft stands behind its products and takes responsibility to ensure that every Xbox 360 console owner continues to have a fantastic gaming experience.

If we have let any of you down in the experience you have had with your Xbox 360, we sincerely apologize. We are taking responsibility and are making these changes to ensure that every Xbox 360 owner continues to have a great experience.

This will take a few days to roll out globally, and I appreciate your continued patience as we launch this program. I've posted an FAQ that should address some additional questions, and we'll update it over the next few days.

I want to thank you, on behalf of all us at Microsoft, for your loyalty.

well, i was hoping i would never post in this thread, but my launch day 360 died with the red lights this moring. i was playing tony hawk for about five minutes when the screen went black. turned it off then back on and the red light were there.

i called microsoft at 9 am est and a box is being sent to me. glad for the extended warranty or i would be out of luck.

well, i was hoping i would never post in this thread, but my launch day 360 died with the red lights this moring. i was playing tony hawk for about five minutes when the screen went black. turned it off then back on and the red light were there.

i called microsoft at 9 am est and a box is being sent to me. glad for the extended warranty or i would be out of luck.

That's too bad man, mine is still gone. It has been 2 weeks from today that it happened. They have it down there in Texas but looks like they haven't done anything with it yet.

OK here is the ultimate solution for the people that have gone thru multiple 360's. Just water cool it like I did on mine and you will never have a heat issue ever.

OK here is the ultimate solution for the people that have gone thru multiple 360's. Just water cool it like I did on mine and you will never have a heat issue ever.

I have an extended warranty and that would void it.

But isn't the whole idea of needing a warranty due to the units over heating, yes overheating is the only technical flaw with the 360. So by water cooling it, who cares about warranty, it won't be needed. Thats only my opinion though which other will disagree with.

But isn't the whole idea of needing a warranty due to the units over heating, yes overheating is the only technical flaw with the 360. So by water cooling it, who cares about warranty, it won't be needed. Thats only my opinion though which other will disagree with.

I have seen many dvd drives die too. I belong to a group of 200 people and there have been over half of the 360's die of numerous problems. Yes the RROD is the one that happens the most but there are other problems too.

That's too bad man, mine is still gone. It has been 2 weeks from today that it happened. They have it down there in Texas but looks like they haven't done anything with it yet.

damn Ramy 2 weeks? I would be on the phone chewing ass. NCAA 08 comes out this next Tuesday.
They did overnight shipping when I first had problems with like the 1,2, & 3 360's. 4,5 & 6 all came on the back of a dead turtle. You would would think they would continue the expedited shipping with the red lights of death issue.

gl

my friends 360 died two weeks ago. no red light death. it was a dvd failure. i hope they give him his 150 dollars back. he does not make a lot of money.

and for the watercooler poster. would you expect childern younger than ten, whose parents bought them a xbos to know how to water cool it.?

MS says that they are taking 4 to 6 weeks to ship back 360's due to the high number of returned refurbished ones. They don't want to get them back anymore after being repaired once. This is good and bad. I have to be without it even longer. This policy started July 1st.

MS says that they are taking 4 to 6 weeks to ship back 360's due to the high number of returned refurbished ones. They don't want to get them back anymore after being repaired once. This is good and bad. I have to be without it even longer. This policy started July 1st.

Pieces of sh*t. They replace my broken 360 with a refurb that promptly gets an unplayable disk error after only being back for 2 weeks. I have to send it back and wait another 5-6 weeks before it's is "repaired" not replaced like the last one was.

The siver lining is that if it breaks again they will replace with a new one:rolleyes:

Pieces of sh*t. They replace my broken 360 with a refurb that promptly gets an unplayable disk error after only being back for 2 weeks. I have to send it back and wait another 5-6 weeks before it's is "repaired" not replaced like the last one was.

The siver lining is that if it breaks again they will replace with a new one:rolleyes:

That sucks Kev. I bought a used one to have as a spare. I hate having to do it, but I not only can't play games but I can't watch movies on my HD-DVD player add on either.

My refurb is starting to lock up playing NCAA, so I turned a fan on it and it has never done so with the fan on.

Never had a problem with where it was placed before, but there is only a few inches clearance between it and the next shelf up on the desk it is in. The sides are wide open and the shelf is only a foot or two wide, but with no air movement i can see the heat just sitting there and baking it so going to relocate and see if I have the same problem.

My refurb......
Never had a problem with where it was placed before, but there is only a few inches clearance between it and the next shelf up on the desk it is in. The sides are wide open and the shelf is only a foot or two wide, but with no air movement i can see the heat just sitting there and baking it so going to relocate and see if I have the same problem.
Before what? Did you get a refurb for something other than the 3RL?
I would say that your placement is what helped the overheating and lock up manifest itself and will soon cause the 3RL.

I am a big believer in the Nyko Intercooler. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802205
802205b.jpg

My 360 gets played an average of 4 hours a day and hasn't given me any trouble.

::Runs to knock on wood::

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)