Another one bites the dust....

Before what? Did you get a refurb for something other than the 3RL?
I would say that your placement is what helped the overheating and lock up manifest itself and will soon cause the 3RL.

Recently moved, and when i re-set up my desk instead of it vertical on top of the 3rd shelf in the desk, it is on the 2nd.

There is no ceiling fan in the room it is in now, so less air movement.

Desk looks like this:

Corner_Computer_Desk.jpg

But those side panels are not there on mine (and its prettier, and less messy) and the 360 currently is on the shelf above the monitor pointed somewhat to the right.

It's not locked away or sitting in a space that I would suspect its getting hot in, but I could see it being a stretch that these conditions could contribute to a freeze, especially since a fan on it appears to prevent said freezing.

Going to Coloroado and will be bore there for over a week next month, so trying to keep my 360 healthy so I can bring it :p

Will be moving it tonight.

I got an email today telling me they are shipping me my 360 back. Well not mine but a different one. It took them over 3 weeks to ship me back a different one.

I will edit this over time if anything happens, I have all three system and I willgive you the count of what number I am on

ps3- original
360-#6
wii-original

I will edit this over time if anything happens, I have all three system and I willgive you the count of what number I am on

ps3- original
360-#6
wii-original

360 #6? That is rediculous. I would demand a new one.

ahh its fine I will keep up on the one year warrentys through microsoft, and actually number 6 is brand new, my friend owns a game store, so he took care of me.

Dropped my 360 off at the UPS store downtown here. I walked in the door and the guy immediately said "Drop off." He went on to say something like, "That box looks really familiar. We see 20 of them a week." :shocked

Dang, 20 a week.

I just got mine back today. Let the clock start on this one.

I bought my first 360 July 2006. No issues. Bought a 2nd one a week before Xmas. Damn thing died, 3 red lights, about 3 hrs after I unboxed it. Exchanged it for another.
No issues with either one so far. Co-worker of mine is awaiting his 3rd.

i just got my email saying they have shipped my xbox back. i am happy with the turn around time.

called them on July 14.
box came on July 19
gave to ups on July 20
reached repair center on July 27
recieved email saying the shipped August 4.
no tracking info as of yet on ups, but it should get back to me by the end of the week. i was honestly expecting a lot longer turn around time.

Mine just went red lights on me for the second time. I had it fixed about 6 months ago, now again. I believe that once it is repaired, it will go straight to ebay with the service contract and HD add on. I believe I will try out the PS3. I for one am tired of playing this game of tag with my console. Been gaming since the NES and Sega Genesis and never had 1 moments trouble until the 360.

Maybe thats what the 360 signifies. The never ending loop of the console being shipped to the repair center and back to the owner.

Mike

i just got my email saying they have shipped my xbox back. i am happy with the turn around time.

called them on July 14.
box came on July 19
gave to ups on July 20
reached repair center on July 27
recieved email saying the shipped August 4.
no tracking info as of yet on ups, but it should get back to me by the end of the week. i was honestly expecting a lot longer turn around time.

Mine was sent in exactly one week after yours and was sent back exactly one week after yours.

i am wondering if people are getting a new xbox or a remanufactored. the first thing i did when i got mine was see what the manufactor date was and it was late july 07, so i assume it is a new one.

are you guys getting a new xbox or a old one?

Mine I got back in mid July was a refurb from 06

Original: Nov of 05.
Current: Oct of 06.

Now sending this one back, no red lights, but it freezes up intermitantly and am now getting disc read errors (despite the game continuing along fine behind the error that has popped up) that kick me back to the dashboard.

Despite all of this, ive played a full season + playoffs of superstar mode in Madden since getting it yesterday :)

'Systems were updating' so going to call and get a box later today probably.

My refurb( replacement for my 3RL issue) has been back about a week. So far so good on replacing the disc drive.( Unreadable disc error) New drive is much quieter and the box seems to run coolor. I left it on all night with out an issue.

i am wondering if people are getting a new xbox or a remanufactored. the first thing i did when i got mine was see what the manufactor date was and it was late july 07, so i assume it is a new one.

are you guys getting a new xbox or a old one?

Mfr Date: 08-01-2007

So unless they use euro style dates, it's new. There was still plastic over the IR input too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)