Another one bites the dust....

Coffin shipped to me 8/17
Box received in Texas 8/28
Box received back to me in Vegas 9/12

Box MFR date: 8/26/2007
HDMI: No, got a premium to replace my premium (silver front accents).

Box is new, even a sticker still over the disc tray bezel with 'do not move console with disc in tray' in 3 languages.

Kinda neat that this box was made while mine was in transit to be replaced :)

That is neat. I guess they're going to keep manufacturing without hdmi ports until all of the old motherboards are used up.

My 360 has been working great since I got it (second one, bought one, about 8 months later sold it--no issues at all--about 9 months or so bought the one I got now, and have had 0 issues with it).

I play games, download off of XBL, play HD-DVD's on HD-DVD drive, stream music/video's off of my computers, etc... I've had it on for as long as 15 hours straight, and that wasn't with it just sitting there, it was being played. KNOCK-ON wood that I have no problems!

However, if I should, I hope it is long enough that I get a new one with HDMI, processor, etc... That would make it worth it, LOL I know, wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up quickest, but I can dream.

I'm going on my 4th xbox 360. I told them if this one breaks will they give me a new one and not a refurbished on. The said the will put it on there notes, if it happens again. Just think of the money it's coast microsoft to fix 4 xbox's? O well, it is what it is.

Well, every 360 owner has had to have seen that vicious ring of death, microsof might as well just used the blue screen of death. Anyway, thoughs that haven't are place in to catagories, those that are lucky (new model) and those that are awaiting death. Just like kids playing a ball game ontop of a inactive volcano... it is gonna blow and when it does it sucks major

They have to be using up the remaining non hdmi mobos.

Yep - must be... I hope my 360 craps out when that stock has been depleted... i purchased the extended warranty from MSFT, combined with the extended ROD deal I should be ok..I would guess they would run out by end of this year or early 08, of course pure speculation on my part! :D

I tell yah the lag time with repairs people are seeing is ridiculous for their 360's. I have had 6 or 7 boxes and in the beginning it was all overnight shipping. Now they make you wait weeks. Why does MS think the same problem is much less important now?
Poor job by the Support Department. Return to quick ship MS

Anyone know whether failure rates on the PS3 have spiked, or is it still a relatively trouble-free system (compared to the Xbox). I know some have had overheating.

Wondering because I'm looking to get one for the holidays. Had originally planned on purchasing through Amazon because I get 'free' Prime shipping and no sales tax...but might do the Costco route if their return policy might prove advantageous (in case of failure).

I ask because my 360 died last Jan after I got it for that holiday season and, in retrospect, it would've been easier if I'd purchased it at Costco.

I got the 3 rings of death this morning.Called in and they will work on my console.It will take 3-5 weeks to get it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)