Another one bites the dust....

Does anybody know what is causing all the problems.Sorry if this has been discussed before but i just joined up 2 weeks ago and have just started posting.

Does anybody know what is causing all the problems.Sorry if this has been discussed before but i just joined up 2 weeks ago and have just started posting.

Poor heat distribution.

well guess what......3 red lights of death.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

this will make the 7th box I have had to have replaced in 2 years. They should be sued. gdmf.

so since this happened it has been escalted to an "Elite" service team....which they did the last time to a guy named Adam. They were suppose to call back the next day being Wed Oct 24th and did not. I called back and they said to give it up to 48 hours. No call after 3 days. Called them back and they said wait a week to get the call.....no call. Called back. Promised I would get a call right when I hung up the phone as the person was calling that department personally and having them call me. No call. Then 30 minutes later a lady calls. The ticket was some how "stuck in the system" and so was sorry it took so long. That was Wed. the 31st. She was going to email with tracking number for return coffin. Still no email or call about that and tomorrow will make 2 weeks and I still have no box to return a unit broken for 2 weeks tomorrow.

It takes 2 weeks to get nothing from an "Eilte" level service team, yet 1-800-4my-xbox would have taken less time to get something done.

I have had my 360 out for 25% of the time since I have had it due to repairs.

I just got the red rings of death today on an elite 360
called microsoft and so off it goes by the way this is #4 for me
the others died within 90 days of buying them so I just returned them to the store this is the first one to be sent out for repaires

mine died today. bought the extended warranty from the story a year ago...

Can I just return it to the store and get a new one? I don't want to go with the hassle of mailing it in.

Well, my launch day console finally crapped out after 26 months. Did my best to keep it cool, but a warm spell here in NJ must have inched the temp up just enough to push it over the edge. My son had been playing Mass Effect for a couple of hours.

Didn't get three rings, just one in the lower right hand corner with an E74 error message. Called support and we are gonna play the refurb game. I asked if they are sending new units or refurbs and he said a refurb. Shucks. Well at least I'll get one of the cooler ones.

Now I get to experience a major headache. I've got dozens of downloaded content files on my 120 gb HD (bought the upgraded drive last year). Now I'll have to be logged into XBox live in order to watch them. Not USUALLY a problem, but their recent XBox live glitches have me worried, unless by some miracle they are able to fix my console and not transfer my account to a new unit.

I do have the extended warranty (had it since day 1 when I heard these things ran hot.... game systems and PCs are about the only things I buy extended warranties on), so at least this whole mess will be on Bill Gate's Billion dollar dime and not mine (I only had one red ring and not three so this wouldn't have been covered, I assume). On the original Box, when my first unit flaked out with disc read errors, I simply bought a new one for $129. No such luck this time around as I'd kiss all my content goodbye, I'm assuming.

Anyone try migrating to an Elite and lose their downloads in the process?

He told me the replacement would get to me 2-4 weeks AFTER they received it. Ouch. So much for Burnout Paradise in 2 weeks.....

LOVE the 360, but we all knew I'd get bit eventually since I had one of the first really flaky ones. I'll keep you all posted.

Dead 360 after 2 weeks. Circuit City gets it back today.

And you would think Microsoft would do things right.

Looks like M$ has more failure rate than the other competitors combined together and more.
Maybe their next console will have a lower failure rate.

I've been paying attention to this thread...I've had our 360 since 3 mos. or so after launch with no errors at all. Maybe we don't play it that much. Or I'm just lucky. Was hoping it would crap out at some point in the future so I could get one with HDMI, but sounds like they aren't doing that.

I got my 360 in mid February of 07 and in late November it started scratching disks. I was lucky enought to have bought it from Costco and they took it back no questions asked.

Now, if I had to return my 360 3, 4, and 5+ times like I've heard a few people have, I would have probably gotten rid of it and got a PS3.

I still may get one this year.

Still waiting to get mine back, although they sent me a FedEx tracking number that says I will get it Thurs. 1/31.

The serial number changed, but it won't give me any info as to whether it is an older refurb or one of the newer ones with an HDMI connection. We'll see.

Still waiting to get mine back, although they sent me a FedEx tracking number that says I will get it Thurs. 1/31.

The serial number changed, but it won't give me any info as to whether it is an older refurb or one of the newer ones with an HDMI connection. We'll see.

Let us know what you get!

This sucks. I got one with a born on date of 8/2006.

I wonder how long I have until this one dies?

Now for the $64,000 question. Did they do ANYTHING different to make this less prone to failure?

Oh, ..and for my trouble they gave me 30 days of free XBox live. Gee thanks. Now I get to see if I can still access my downloaded content without an issue (including my family who have their own gamertags).

Well, at least I get to watch it on my brand new Sony Black Pearl projector that just got installed this morning..... Gonna play Burnout Paradise on a 92" Stewart Firehawk screen with 7.1 surround. (Windowless family room with an 8 x 8 starfield ceiling in the middle). Good to go to watch my GMen in the Super Bowl....

I bought my first 360 July 2006. No issues. Bought a 2nd one a week before Xmas. Damn thing died, 3 red lights, about 3 hrs after I unboxed it. Exchanged it for another.
No issues with either one so far. Co-worker of mine is awaiting his 3rd.
Damn. My 2nd 360 just got RRoD. Game froze. After a power cycle, E79. ( possible HDD ) Tried unplugging everything, then powered cycled again. RRoD now.:mad: Coffin is on it's way.

This sucks. I got one with a born on date of 8/2006.

I wonder how long I have until this one dies?

Now for the $64,000 question. Did they do ANYTHING different to make this less prone to failure?

Oh, ..and for my trouble they gave me 30 days of free XBox live. Gee thanks. Now I get to see if I can still access my downloaded content without an issue (including my family who have their own gamertags).

Well, at least I get to watch it on my brand new Sony Black Pearl projector that just got installed this morning..... Gonna play Burnout Paradise on a 92" Stewart Firehawk screen with 7.1 surround. (Windowless family room with an 8 x 8 starfield ceiling in the middle). Good to go to watch my GMen in the Super Bowl....

Damn man, sorry to hear about that :(....
Where did you buy it from?
I bought mine from Costco, returned it because it kept making noise and it didn't sound right, sounded like it was scratching my disc, but there wasn't any scratch, so I am not 100% sure.
But damn, A 360 from 2006? Aren't you lucky?
Hopefully your 360 will last longer than your 30 days trial, and thats not a joke, I am being serious here..
If M$ keeps sending your POS refurbished from 2006, you might as well buy your 360 from Costco and not go thru all this trouble, if it dies you return to them and get a new one right away as long as they have the 360 in stock, and you could always get money back in form of Gift Card/Cash Card.

Since 9/06 I haven't had any 360 issues..until last week. Finally had the 3 red ring problem. Sent in to Microsoft - have been told that it'll take 3-4 weeks to get the new unit back. I hope that they swap out the CD drive as well, I indicated on my return form that the drive is loud & occasionally doesn't read disks. We'll see what they replace it with..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)