Another one bites the dust....

HAd my RROD'ed box for about 2 weeks - only a few hours of gameplay - it's now dead AGAIN.

ARGH - off to Texas again

BTW I just got my elite about 1+ month ago, and it freezes up everytime I play Madden 08, the disk is scratched up. (Thats what you get when you buy used discs..)
Anyways, the whole system freezes up, is this normal?
Fox example it freezes up most of the times at the in game menu screen and I can't bring up the xbox menu to restart the game, I have to manually restart the 360.
I haven't had any problems with the other games, its probably madden, let me know if you think its the systems fault or just the bad scratched up disc.

But my concern is, if the game freezes up, does the 360 also freeze up so you can't reboot the game with the 360 blade screen?

Sometimes the game does cause that to happen.

Its impossibly to play Madden anymore..it keeps freezing up 2-3 times in a row...its getting very annoying...plus I do not have the receipt anymore (I bought a used copy for about 25$)
I am planning to get another copy that is scratch free..this time I will be very careful when I buy a disk.
If I see the game still keeps freezing up, then I have to call Costco and have them replace my Elite 360.

Man down. The refurb box we got as a replacement for RRoD, which was also sent back for a disk driver failure is now going back again this time for the RRoD.

New ones back. total downtime 8 days including 4th of July weekend.
Sent me a brand new Arcade model. MNF date 4-18-08 Bummer no HDMI but the sucker is quiet

8 DAYS? Wow. Mine took weeks! (Just got it back Tuesday)

3rd trip for it. First was a launch date model theat got the RRoD. They replaced it witha refurb that died 2 weeks later with a disk drive failure. 1 year later the refurb gets the Rod.. They were really happy to expedite this time around.

I just had the RROD when I got my software update.. Here's a note to everyone: DO NOT RUN A XBOX LIVE UPDATE WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR DISC DRIVE OPEN! In the end I closed it up and rebooted and it worked fine, but just a little thing to keep in the back of your mind. No I don't normally do that sort of thing, but I had it open and was ready to play a game after signing in and it prompted me for an update and I forgot it was open.

Saturday Night my 360 finally got a full blown RRoD. I'll probably be sending it out tomorrow. I was so mad. Luckily I still have a PS3 and a Wii, not to mention the Olympics, but the spontaneous moods I have to play GH and RB will now be unfulfilled for a time being, and figures right after me and my girlfriend start our "Rock Band," the group known as "P.R. U.S.A." (People's Republic of United States of America)

My 360 Elite just died. No red lights though..just nothing. I turn the power on..the green light in the center comes on and that is it. USB ports don't work..controllers won't connect..no video, sound, or anything. Only thing Microsoft could tell me was to send it in.

Has anyone else had this problem?
YES i know how to fix this!! I have fixed 5 total units!! First you turn off your 360. Then unplug it from power source (at least 30 sec), then take out your hard drive. Then reconnect the power. Next using your controller turn the 360 back on it should sync up. If it does not sync controller and then turn of your 360. Ok now turn the 360 back off. Reconnect your hard drive and that is it!!

Saturday Night my 360 finally got a full blown RRoD. I'll probably be sending it out tomorrow. I was so mad. Luckily I still have a PS3 and a Wii, not to mention the Olympics, but the spontaneous moods I have to play GH and RB will now be unfulfilled for a time being, and figures right after me and my girlfriend start our "Rock Band," the group known as "P.R. U.S.A." (People's Republic of United States of America)

Update (if anyone cares):

Sent it out, took about a week to arrive at the repair center (thanks UPS GROUND...) and they had it for about a day, and apparently they fixed it up and now it's on it's way back to me. Now I get to play the fun game of trying to figure out how I'm going to get the damn thing, since they require a signature. My job hasn't been too thrilled with me working from home as of late, and I don't know how much they'd like to be told, "I need to work at home so I can be there to get my repaired Xbox 360 from the UPS man." I just am really waiting to dust off my instruments and get back into my "music career."

My 360 just got the RRoD, this is the 5th time.
I am seriously thinking of trading it in for a PS3 when I receive it back from
Microsoft. The only reason I am hesitant is that we already have a standalone Blu-ray player.

So I would be getting it just for gaming.
Can anyone give me a reason as to why I shouldn't make the switch?
or why I should stay with the 360?

Thanks
MrParrott

Well, I've had my XBox 360 for almost 2 years now and never had any issues. Then this week all of a sudden, the drive starts making grinding noises when I put any disc in there and won't read anything. i get a message that just states 'Unplayable disc'. So I figure, glad MS extended the warranty to 3 years. Then come to find out, after the first year, they only cover the RRoD up to 3 years. The DVD drive isn't covered anymore and would have to pay around $100 to get a replacement refurb from them.

So I decided to search around online some more and come to find many are getting this issue with the Hitachi DVD drives. There are even many YouTube videos that show how to open up the xbox and fix it. Being I'm a nutty guy, I pulled it all apart last night, to find that I indeed had the same issue as others and was able to glue a couple parts back together and now have a working 360 again.

So add me to the bites the dust list, but take me off again. :D

Update (if anyone cares):

Sent it out, took about a week to arrive at the repair center (thanks UPS GROUND...) and they had it for about a day, and apparently they fixed it up and now it's on it's way back to me. Now I get to play the fun game of trying to figure out how I'm going to get the damn thing, since they require a signature. My job hasn't been too thrilled with me working from home as of late, and I don't know how much they'd like to be told, "I need to work at home so I can be there to get my repaired Xbox 360 from the UPS man." I just am really waiting to dust off my instruments and get back into my "music career."

Final Update: After a period of about 2 weeks without a 360, the UPS man finally dropped off my new 360. I say new because the notes said that they could not repair my original box and gave me a new one instead. And I don't think it is a refurbished one, because the manufactured date on the console was late June. Of course now I have to download all the licenses on my DLC again so that I can play stuff offline (which is rather irrelevant because I play connected to XBL about 99% of the time.) In any case it seems to work great, and I can't wait to try out Braid and get back into GTAIV (and FINALLY beat that damn motorcycle chase mission!), as well as continuing my work in the P.R.U.S.A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)