Another OTA module question

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
When watching an OTA channel via OTA module does it act just like a regular sat channel as in you can pause and rewind live tv ?

Can you order one when you order new service, and have the installer show up with it when he brings the hopper and Joeys? Or do you have to order it yourself? Cabeling is all there already, just need the tuner.

Can you order one when you order new service, and have the installer show up with it when he brings the hopper and Joeys? Or do you have to order it yourself? Cabeling is all there already, just need the tuner.

You have to order it after the Hopper is installed. Sorry, it's the only way. It is very simple to hook up. Simply attach the antenna coax to the module, plug the module into one of the USB inputs and follow the prompts.... The Hopper will reboot. Then all you have to do is go to Menu, Settings, Diagnostics, Over the Air Locals and scan.

While we are on the subject. On a 2h2J system would you be able to view the OTA channels on each TV with just 1 module?

Joeys linked to the Hopper with the OTA module are able to watch OTA channels but you are only able to watch one channel at a time. For example, if you were watching OTA channel 2 on the Hopper you would have to watch the same channel on the Joey linked to it. The same happens inversely. If you are watching a channel on a Joey the Hopper must look at the same channel. If you have a need to watch more than one OTA channel at a time it would be a good idea to get an OTA module for each Hopper. You double your channels there. You can't see the OTA channels Hopper to Hopper...

I had three OTA modules and two Hoppers with Sling I had ordered from DishDepot waiting for the installer. Install day the Dish installer installed everything.

I had three OTA modules and two Hoppers with Sling I had ordered from DishDepot waiting for the installer. Install day the Dish installer installed everything.

If you have three OTA module you must have them plugged into three Hoppers. You can't double up on a single Hopper....

Maybe he already had an old Hopper.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If you have three OTA module you must have them plugged into three Hoppers. You can't double up on a single Hopper....

Yes, OTA modules are installed on three different Hoppers. My fourth Hopper does not have an OTA module. Kids room and he doesn't want it.

While we are on the subject. On a 2h2J system would you be able to view the OTA channels on each TV with just 1 module?
Nope...Need two. Joey can see which ever one it is linked to but each Hooper needs to be connected to an antenna and OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts