Another Primestar Saved

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pismire

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Darrington, Wa.
I had my eye on this 1.2m last summer but couldn't catch anyone home. Drove by it a few days ago and noticed it was pulled from the ground so today my son and I knocked on the door. Approaching the place I noticed a heavy arsenal of no tresspassing signs so was a bit apprehensive. I knocked and a young guy came to the door and I asked if he wanted to get rid of that dish on the side of his house. He said sure you can have it we were wondering what the hell to do with it. Score! :up He even helped me load it. When I asked about the signs he said he was having troubles with his ex-girlfriend.

So another save from the dumpster. This one has a dovebar on it. They bent the pole but no biggy. It will keep my other 1.2m happy.

Attachments

• IMGP0821.JPG
    IMGP0821.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 232
  • IMGP0823.JPG
    IMGP0823.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 226
one mans trash........

I have got several of these from over the years.
I am curious what Sats are they good for? more than 1? If so can they be switched together? Are using the original LNB?

Pismire shoots ... and scores! - :up
A four foot molded dish... does life get any better?

As for the bent pole, I don't really see that as a problem.
Dig a hole big enough to take the existing chunk of concrete, drop it in with a few more sacks of cement, level the top end, and yer done! - ;)
No one will ever know the bottom is dog-legged, and it won't spin in the wind, either. - :D

I have got several of these from over the years.
I am curious what Sats are they good for?
more than 1?
If so can they be switched together?
Are using the original LNB?
- I'm jealous! Get 'em up 'n running!
- see The List, or for a quick overview FTAlist.
- yea, if you motorize it.
- the Switch FAQ describes how to hook multiple dishes/LNBs together.
- original Dove-Bar LNB is fine.

And some members even get a bit of C-band reception on 4' dishes, too.
We can give you some info on the mini-BUD end of the hobby.
Of course what that'll do is give you a taste, and later ya may be out looking for an 8' dish, so be warned. - :eek:

Nice find, I would like to find a 1.2 but they must not have installed those much down here.
Paint it green to match that moss in the trees!

Pismire shoots ... and scores! - :up
A four foot molded dish... does life get any better?

As for the bent pole, I don't really see that as a problem.
Dig a hole big enough to take the existing chunk of concrete, drop it in with a few more sacks of cement, level the top end, and yer done! - ;)
No one will ever know the bottom is dog-legged, and it won't spin in the wind, either. - :D

No, it doesn't get any better than this, except for another 1.2. I do know where this another hiding in the bushes.

As for the pole, nope it is no big deal. As long as the top is plumb. I think they yanked it out with a truck. Less work for me.

Nice find, I would like to find a 1.2 but they must not have installed those much down here.
Paint it green to match that moss in the trees!

Only problem I see there is Anole would think I painted it that color as a salute to him. :D Lots of moss here this year. Even the lawn is mostly moss.

prime star dishes are still out there

i am dish network installer and tech,last monday late in the day i got dispatched to go on a service call that had just come in for a snow bird customer,they just needed thier dish receiver connected up to the tv and all the basic hook up type stuff,so i am behind thier tv as normal and i noticed some fairly old twin rg-6 cable coming up through the floor,i knew right away that prime star used to be here years ago.i asked the customer " i bet you guys used to have prime star here at one time ". they said yep and the darn dish is still out side, "by this time it was already dark and raining".so i go out side to take a look, sure enough it was a 1.2 meter dish in perfect condtion.they said if it will fit in your truck you can haveit ,so in the pouring dow
n rain in the dark that nice 1.2 meter dish just barely fit in my van,and away i went.

sweet story beagle

I rescued one that the house got tore down and they leveled the land. All that was still there was the pole and the dish.....well now the pole is still there and a little bit of cable. The dish is here at my house :)

On the topic of Primestars, I finally got a chance to start playing with the dishes I've gathered up over the last couple of years. I set up a DTN first and have found and watched some channels. I then tried my P*** and no go. I moved it around and nothing. Is there any way to check to see if the lnb is bad?

What LNB is it?

Most had a 2 LNB output but one output was only H polarity and one was V polarity only.

I always start out with the V-side connected, I read somewhere that at least some of those 2-output lnbfs had to have power to the V-side for it to work. Of course if you have a multi-switch, a 3x4 switch that is, you can connect the outputs right away and test it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts