Another question about the qph-031

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATisfied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Lineboro, MD
I have another question about the qph-031. Does it make any difference which port I connect to the motor? The linear or orbital, or no difference? Any input appreciated.

Iceberg said:
either one works fine. Just make sure you are hooked to the L port :)

The L port meaning Linear??? I just ask if it makes a difference between L or O. I'm a little confused.

The QPH-031 Invacom has four outputs, two Linear and two Circular. I would hook up to one of the Linear outputs!

With the QPH 031 if two receivers are each connected to the two L outputs can each receiver use a different polarity? What about LNB power? Should both receivers have the LNB power on?

yes and yes

Both LNB's can output either H or V so that is no biggie. I do it all the time.

Technically if you had the dish at AMC4 (101W) you could technically have 4 recievers off one LNB (2 DirecTv and 2 FTA)

Whats really nice about this LNBF (the Invacom QPH-31) is that, since the linear side is standard (not universal), you can use a 4 x 4 22k multiswitch on it to give up to four receivers access to both polarities on both circular and linear satellites :)

Tron said:
Whats really nice about this LNBF (the Invacom QPH-31) is that, since the linear side is standard (not universal), you can use a 4 x 4 22k multiswitch on it to give up to four receivers access to both polarities on both circular and linear satellites :)

Funny you should say that! DMSi just added the below diagram to their web site!.........

http://www.dmsiusa.com/documents/qph-4rx.pdf

cool :) Some of us have been doing that for a while now

I used a 4x4 multiswitch (that DirecTv uses) so you only need one switch (instead of 6) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts