Another Reason for people to hate ESPN.

They are money grubbing a$$holes. But aslong as we have yuppy I pad and I phone users they will keep buying it.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't care if Directv and Dish network just said "Screw you ESPN ,we aren't paying you crap " I wouldn't miss them! All direct would have to do is add a Nascar channel, and you would never need ESPN at all.

Exactly! you wouldn't unless your an apple junkie!

I got the Espn app right now on my android, and guess what it didn't cost me a cent!

Gives me all the scores all the time.

It has nothing to do with Apple -vs- Android. There are plenty of apps to listen to the ESPN streams for free on the iPhone. The thing is ESPN had an official paid app and now they are turning off that paid app, if you want to keep using an official ESPN app you need to buy the new one which does the same thing.

It has nothing to do with Apple -vs- Android. There are plenty of apps to listen to the ESPN streams for free on the iPhone. The thing is ESPN had an official paid app and now they are turning off that paid app, if you want to keep using an official ESPN app you need to buy the new one which does the same thing.
We know what its about, But apple users get into their mode, and will spare no expense on gadgits and apps that are cool just because its neat.
Why do you think companys make such a big deal about I pad and I phone. Cause they know you will pay! LOL!

If ESPN had an official app for the Android platform then the Android people would be upset as well. ;)

Of course Andriod is so fragmented that its hard for a company like ESPN to make an official app that works on all Andriod phones.

If ESPN had an official app for the Android platform then the Android people would be upset as well. ;)

Of course Andriod is so fragmented that its hard for a company like ESPN to make an official app that works on all Andriod phones.

You may be right, but companys know who to target.

Give me one good solid reason anyone would have paid $2.99 for this app to begin with? Becuase its Cool? Thats my guess, the same reason you would buy an app to locate your satellites when you'll never install one or don't even do it for a living.

But atleast the Satellite finder can come in handy for the ones who need it. But who needs a $2.99 espn app. Apple people!

I have Espn app, it was free, I'm sure so do many other Android users

We know what its about, But apple users get into their mode, and will spare no expense on gadgits and apps that are cool just because its neat.
Why do you think companys make such a big deal about I pad and I phone. Cause they know you will pay! LOL!
The iPhone users I know personally and from this site are the opposite of what you describe.

Like myself, we will find APPs that streams free broadcast of ESPN radio instead of paying a fee to stream the same thing. Some will even use an already existing paid for streaming service, such as SiriusXM, to stream ESPN radio instead of using a separate APP.

From this site.

There are about 250,000,000 i'm sure fit my description to a tee! :)
You're sure? Really?

How many have iPhones and how many of those will pay for an ESPN APP particularly if they know they can get the same service for free from other APPs?

You're sure? Really?

How many have iPhones and how many of those will pay for an ESPN APP particularly if they know they can get the same service for free from other APPs?
It looks like quite a few my friend. It made headlines here. And quite a few comments under the original story about it.

Do I have an exact number , of course not. But to sit there and think companys don't target apple customers is crazy. Soon companys won't even support anything else, why, to force you into a premium product.

I'm not sold on they can't get Android customers their stuff cause its harder to do. In this day and age its all about that gadgits and who we can get to buy them.

The fragmentation complaint is always blown out of proportion these days. It's not that difficult to make an app work on the majority of most phones/tablets. There's lots of companies that do it, there's no reason ESPN couldn't do it. It's just laziness and their head stuck in the iWorld.

I know a lot of sports fans would rather use an Official Branded app then using a free app that does the same thing. Dont know why they would want to do it but they do. :)

Kind of like NASCAR fans who will only buy Sunoco fuel, even though for the most part fuel is fuel no matter who you buy it from. :D

I know a lot of sports fans would rather use an Official Branded app then using a free app that does the same thing. Dont know why they would want to do it but they do. :)

Kind of like NASCAR fans who will only buy Sunoco fuel, even though for the most part fuel is fuel no matter who you buy it from. :D
This is very true.

This isn't an Apple issue. If you really want your ESPN radio (and for free,) or at least SOME of their stations, get the TuneIn Radio app. It has an ESPN Radio section and has most of their major markets in it. And to be honest it's just a great freaking app for getting various radio stations. I prefer it over the iHeartRadio app because it's owned by Clear Channel and I refuse to support them.

Here's the Android Version as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)