Another Remote control question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
I have the HR22/100 DVR. I have 2 remotes. I want to use one of them in the bedroom as RF. I can program one for RF or cancel it out and program the other one for RF but I can't seem to make both of them RF or one for IR and the other for RF. I know for sure that they will both do RF. Can somebody unscramble this problem?

Lem52

I have the HR22/100 DVR. I have 2 remotes. I want to use one of them in the bedroom as RF. I can program one for RF or cancel it out and program the other one for RF but I can't seem to make both of them RF or one for IR and the other for RF. I know for sure that they will both do RF. Can somebody unscramble this problem?

Lem52

You can do either IR or RF, not both.

The problem that you're running into is that out of the box, both remotes are IR. When you program the first one for RF, the receiver will then only receive RF. So when you try to program the second remote, its in IR mode and the receiver cant see it.

The trick is to program the first one, knock the receiver back into IR mode so you can program the second remote, and its all good after that.

Heres a thread from another site that goes to the step by step process for it.

Two RF remotes, one HR21- 100 - DBSTalk.Com

If I set one for RF then I can't do any thing with the other one and I need to set it for RF too then because you said I couldn't do both. Whats keeping me from setting the other one? When I try to use it nothing shows up on the screen of the tv. It has new batteries in it, so I know thats not it.

Lem52

Like I mentioned, once the first remote is set for RF, the receiver will only see RF remotes and the other one is still in IR mode. If you read the link I posted and follow the instructions, it'll allow you to program the second receiver for RF as well.

Like I mentioned, once the first remote is set for RF, the receiver will only see RF remotes and the other one is still in IR mode. If you read the link I posted and follow the instructions, it'll allow you to program the second receiver for RF as well.

Thanks CFB! That worked great.

Lem52

Once the receiver and first Rf remote are in RF mode, set them aside, just do the following on the second RF remote:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 6 1
4. press CH UP
5. enter the lat 6 digits of the RID #, found on asticker in the access card compartment
6. press SELECT

Once the receiver and first Rf remote are in RF mode, set them aside, just do the following on the second RF remote:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 6 1
4. press CH UP
5. enter the lat 6 digits of the RID #, found on asticker in the access card compartment
6. press SELECT

I asked before ....
It would be very nice to have a Stickied sub thread that we could put all this remote info into ....

We get Remote questions frequently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)