SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I already took this down this morning.
It was at a transmitter site for a radio station. It was used for a satellite weather feed before internet.
I saw it and asked and it was free. :)
IMG_20160410_151928457_HDR.jpg IMG_20160410_152032863_HDR.jpg

A little damage on the bottom but very fixable. String test was surprising good before I dropped it and put it on the truck. :)

I already took this down this morning.
It was at a transmitter site for a radio station. It was used for a satellite weather feed before internet.
I saw it and asked and it was free. :)
View attachment 115775 View attachment 115776

A little damage on the bottom but very fixable. String test was surprising good before I dropped it and put it on the truck. :)
Nice find! How big?

10' Channel Master.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Is that a 10 or a 12? Looks like a fairly simple fix.You lucky dawg.lol

I found a 10 ft Unimesh buttohook yesterday...but it had a double bend in the rim almost like an 'S' shape when viewed from the side.Lawn mower danced with it.The owner only wanted 'a little money' for it...but I don't believe that 1/4 section was easily fixable.Screwed on mesh was good condition except for one hole about the size of a coconut.If the actuator had been longer than 18" or the dish 12 foot I might have talked turkey.

Going back in a few days because the owner wanted time to find some spare parts he had.Unknown spare actuator for one thing.;)

EDIT: Question answered before I could ask it.Darn I'm slow.

This one has a polar mount, but no actuator as it was not needed. Aimed at one satellite and locked down.
I was hoping though, since I am in need of one right now.

You only had that one 10 footer thought you might have for the eastern arc or a stationary for 99w.

Good save!! I have been watching for a 10 footer and found another 8 footer that is PB Blaster soaking. Figured better save it before the scrappers got to it. Besides, then I have a backup if my current 8 footer gets clobbered with hail or something.

Yeah, I went one day and soaked it with WD-40 and then went back later and took it down, before it got damaged. They are doing some changes at the transmitter site, so I didn't want to waste time.
I will probably use it to replace the one I have, as the mount is in better shape.
This one is a Channel Master, and I have a Unimesh, but they are very similarly made. So similar that the parts are interchangeable. Very interesting, I thought.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts