Another retrans fight. This has gotten very old

I would think after the expiration. Sep30 at 7ET was when the contract expired...
but according to the uplink reports it was done on the 27th around noonish eastern time

9/27/15 at 12:26pm ET (v10) – 6 changes seen
New Uplinks / Mappings – Channels Available

6702 WHO (11 Local) DES MOINES, IA (NBC) SV* added to 110° 20s24 (South Iowa) (SD Mankato, MN market Hidden) AVAILABLE VOD Link VOD Network Name: nbc
5182 WNYT (2 HD Local) ALBANY, NY (NBC) SV* added to 61.5° 20s50 (E New York) (HD Presque Isle, ME market Hidden) AVAILABLE OTA Mapping (2-01) – VOD Link VOD Network Name: nbc
6732 WNYT (2 Local) ALBANY, NY (NBC) SV* added to 110° 4s4 (WMassachusetts) (SD Presque Isle, ME market Hidden) AVAILABLE VOD Link VOD Network Name: nbc

Uplinks Removed
6702 KARE (11 Local) MINNEAPOLIS, MN (NBC) SV* removed from 110° 4s28 (Central Minnesota) (SD Mankato, MN market Hidden)
5182 WLBZ (2 HD Local) BANGOR, ME (NBC) SV* removed from 61.5° 32s1 (Maine) (HD Presque Isle, ME market Hidden)
6732 WLBZ (2 Local) BANGOR, ME (NBC) SV* removed from 110° 25s8 (North Maine) (SD Presque Isle, ME market Hidden)

Dish requiring 3rd party arbitration with their customer disputes needs to be extended to carriage disputes as well.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I think the prospect of viewers, from multiple providers, losing 130 stations may turn out to be a good thing (for consumers/TV viewers). As much as I prefer minimal gov't involvement, this may be what it takes to stop this bull****.

Reactions: fhsucade07
Just a minute....Now before you go off on a theory, think about this....If Satco A is paying Blow Torch Communication for their signals, would it not be logical for satco B to be paying roughly the same price?
It is a matter of timing. If the two aren't on the same carriage schedule, company B may not have seen their doubling of cost offering that is waiting for their next round of negotiations.

Because that costs money per month. I might as well get rid of dish instead of paying twice for nbc.
It is not possible to live stream NBC programming like "the Tonight Show" nor is it possible to live stream sports on NBCSP1 or 2. some of you may be ok with watching old news or sports whose outcomes have already been reported everywhere but for me I want live programming not some stale recording.

It is not possible to live stream NBC programming like "the Tonight Show" nor is it possible to live stream sports on NBCSP1 or 2. some of you may be ok with watching old news or sports whose outcomes have already been reported everywhere but for me I want live programming not some stale recording.

We don't really watch anything live anyway. So that's fine by us. We are eventually going to cut the cord. This Bullsh!t will just speed that up.

First, DISH will very likely give you a credit for FAR more than the cost of the one local you will lose for a short time. Second, as best I can tell NBC online is free.

I think there is less of a delay if you go through Hulu plus than NBC online. Regardless, either works for me.

Which Bullsh!t? If you can cut the cord and get your locals that way, why wouldn't you get the locals now, and let Dish help prevent raising your rates to high

I just wish the locals would just go FTA, they're free over the air via antenna anyway, why should the satellite services be allowed to scramble them and make us pay for them? Not only that, but they don't even provide all the channels/sub-channels in our market in the 1st place. Doesn't make much sense to me...
If your talking FTA satellite, nice theory, but who is going to pay for the transponder bandwidth and the uplink cost? Right now, the DBS providers pay for it and recoup the cost from the subscribers. The stations sure aren't going to pay. Not to mention, the market exclusivity problems.

Not if it is not a short market. Meaning an NBC is not available in your area... Negotiations on channels does not make it a short market, yet.