Another Searching for Satellite -771 problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

henboy

Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
GA
We have a dual LNB, a R15 and D12 Receivers:

We are receiving "Searching For Satellite Signal...771" messages on half of the channels on both receivers. DTV suggested I check all connections and do restarts. No luck.

During my cable inspection, I noticed the 3 x 4 Multi-Switch was hot. A temp check revealed a range from 95F to 147 F.

Today I decided to unplug the R15 for a few minutes, and then try another restart. To my surprise, my wife yelled from the other room (D12) that that the missing channels were now on! A check revealed that she was correct, and when I plugged the R15 back in, they went off again.

The 3 x 4 is now @ 113 degrees, "her" TV is fine, and I can't watch the ballgame (or anything else) on mine!!

I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Last edited:
Sounds like either the switch or the R15 receiver is dying. Definetly not safe to continue running if they are really hot.

You could call for a service call for $79, or try buying a new switch for $40'ish, but then if it is the receiver you're back to square one with getting it serviced.

More info:

I unplugged the D-12 and plugged the R-15 back in. Half of the channnels still out.

I switched the cables on the R-15/sat in terminals: Now I get all the channels;

Reconnected the D-12 and half the channels on the R-15 go away.

Bottom line: No way to get all channels on both the receivers at the same time.

Here's a twist on the 771:

I have 3 units going. I'm getting all the channels on 2 of them. The third receiver is not finding 25% of the channels., like 229 / 628.

The connections seem fine. Think the receiver is going?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts