Another Sling update back to the same crap...

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
Well being one of the lucky ones who owns a 922.

For 6 months you couldn't get a 16/9 ratio on any browser....Was ignored for months, then finally accepted as a problem...

So this morning I get forced to get the new Sling update.....Well back to the old fashioned 4/3 even on a HD feed.....

So what another 6 months????

If you guys ever had things working for a whole year, I would be shocked!!!!

No doubt referring to the contract Dish has with SatGuys, where we secretly meet over a keg and write their software for them.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I knew it. Scott really is getting paid a million dollars a month by Dish to run this site.

Share the wealth, Scott, share the wealth!

Scott does supply all the booze that I serve in the pub! :D

Except for that jug of Haller's Reserve you stash away for me in the private stock area!

I knew it. Scott really is getting paid a million dollars a month by Dish to run this site. Share the wealth, Scott, share the wealth!

Well, he does have the odd BBQ we can attend.

Yeah, the new update sux. Not only is fullscreen no longer fullscreen, there's a faint strobe effect that will drive you insane.

Wish there was a way to roll back. Previous version wasn't perfect (controls wouldn't show up until you went fullscreen) but it was much better than this.

Yeah, the new update sux. Not only is fullscreen no longer fullscreen, there's a faint strobe effect that will drive you insane.

Are you on the EA and is that faint strobe effect happening on the left side of the screen ?

Are you on the EA and is that faint strobe effect happening on the left side of the screen ?

I'm on EA but the strobe effect is pretty much the whole screen. Only when watching through DA, direct from the receivers (722 & 211k) is fine. And it just started when I took the new DishAnywhere plugin yesterday.

Seriously, to the OP, the 922 can be a very frustrating receiver, and I could be wrong about this, but I get the feeling that Dish treats this receiver like the "red-headed stepchild".

I don't know if you can or want, but I would suggest going to the HopperSling receiver. It has it share of software issues, but for the most part is a very good receiver.

Anybody think the ViP922 will still be issued, even as like for like, in a couple of years?

bad fullscreen.png

This is what fullscreen looks like with the new update. I brought up the controls just so the perspective would be shown. When the controls go away, the picture remains exactly like it's shown. There's about a 2" border on the left and right side of the screen. And slightly over an inch top and bottom. Turns my 15" laptop into an 11" screen.

After playing around with it a bit, I figured out you can make the picture fill the screen by double clicking on it. Doesn't matter if you're in fullscreen mode or not. Tried IE and the picture is much better. Firefox still has the faint strobe, and is stuttering even though the bitrate is shown as over 8000kbps.

After playing around with it a bit, I figured out you can make the picture fill the screen by double clicking on it. Doesn't matter if you're in fullscreen mode or not. Tried IE and the picture is much better. Firefox still has the faint strobe, and is stuttering even though the bitrate is shown as over 8000kbps.

I'm with the other poster who suggested going to the HWS. I was on the 922 before the Hopper and in every possible way, it is very much worth toggling up.

i've got a 722 w/ Sling Adapter, not a 922. I also have 2 owned 211k's and use one of them quite often RV'ing. No contract. Don't really want one even for a free HWS upgrade if I could get one. I'd probably jump at the $80 Comcast doubleplay if they offered it here, don't want to be locked to DISH if they do. Especially since DISH doesn't offer Fox or ABC here, and doesn't appear that they ever will.

Seriously, to the OP, the 922 can be a very frustrating receiver, and I could be wrong about this, but I get the feeling that Dish treats this receiver like the "red-headed stepchild".

I don't know if you can or want, but I would suggest going to the HopperSling receiver. It has it share of software issues, but for the most part is a very good receiver.

Yes that would be nice.... I have 2 dish accounts and live 1700 miles away from the 922.....Being nice my "X" is not bright and closer to ignorant so she could care less, that would be unless I stopped paying the bill.....

Yes If I could' I would have the Hopper over there...Bottom line how they can screw things up so many times and takes forever to fix? That's just uncalled for!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)