Can one use a ViP211k to record OTA without activating the reciever with Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

1owl

Original poster
Apr 22, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Friend is offering me his VIP211k (with hard drive) to use in my RV on a per month basis. When not RVing would like to use it to record Off the Air, at home,without having it activated with Dish. Is this possible?? Thanks in Advance...Paul
[h=1][/h]

No, it wouldn't work, and what your friend is offering is called account stacking. Not cool and your friend can get caught and lose access to his other receivers as well....

No, it wouldn't work, and what your friend is offering is called account stacking. Not cool and your friend can get caught and lose access to his other receivers as well....

That depends if friend is offering him the receiver and hard drive to use for his own pay as you go account or is offering the use while still activated on his friends account.

However the receiver will not work without being activated.

Welcome!

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. We're more than happy to help out.

That depends if friend is offering him the receiver and hard drive to use for his own pay as you go account or is offering the use while still activated on his friends account.

However the receiver will not work without being activated.

Good point, I didn't think of it that way....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts