Another Sports Website Down

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
First it was dbsforums and now it maybe sportsbroadcasthistory.com/forums/index. If you have been on the site it gives you all the annnoucers that did the games. For ex., 1992 nfl announcers, the 1987 nba announcers etc. Well, anyway the site is down. I mean you can't even email anyone because all it says is that the database server or error is down. This is another site down and for all of us who liked the announcer threads on dbsforums and now sportsbroadcasthistory we could be out of luck.
I would try the506.com but everytime I register, I have to click on an email to activate it within 24 hrs. Well, when I try to do that, it says that that the user wasn't pre-registered(which I was) or I let the 24 hrs. go by (which is a lie).
I guess the sub forum-"The Good Ole Days" on this site will have to be or announcing thread for now.

I enjoyed the classic announcing threads on both DBS forums and sportsbroadcasthistory. I would agree with Mets82 that the good ole days subforum would be a perfect fit for such subjects as World Series Announcers and NFL Commentator Crews.

If you check the main page for that site, you will find under each heading that they have been cleared back to the generic templete they would have recieved when they first purchased that softwear. I agree that site isn't coming back. I don't believe that would have happened, if they were coming back. It's interesting to see these sites gradually being taken away from all of us.

I guess the sub forum-"The Good Ole Days" on this site will have to be or announcing thread for now.

I'll be sure to block that subforum then. Most folks don't care who announced the 1966 butt scratching championship for NBS TV. Probably why DBS Forums went down

Nevertheless, I wouldn't know where to find the announcer posts. As of right now, sportsbroadcastinghistory.com/forums is down for good, I guess.

Most folks don't care who announced the 1966 butt scratching championship for NBS TV. Probably why DBS Forums went down

What would having past broadcaster info have to do with a site going down? That doesn't make any sense.

Just because it's something you don't care about doesn't mean no one else does.

Maybe if people get annoyed at such threads, they visit less frequent.

exactly :)

When the "sports forum" turned into that and that (the sports forum) really is all that Forums had, why keep the shop afloat? So 3 or 4 people can post announcer threads for every little minuscule thing out there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)