Another spotbeam question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

69firebird

Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
North Dakota
I plan on putting my H20-700 reciever in my RV while travelling this summer. I know I will not be able to get my local HD channels but will I at least be able to get other HD channels like HistoryHD, SpeedHD etc regardless of what state I may be in at the time. I am already mentally preparing myself for getting well practiced at aligning a slimline dish on top of an RV this summer.
Thanks all.

I plan on putting my H20-700 reciever in my RV while travelling this summer. I know I will not be able to get my local HD channels but will I at least be able to get other HD channels like HistoryHD, SpeedHD etc regardless of what state I may be in at the time. I am already mentally preparing myself for getting well practiced at aligning a slimline dish on top of an RV this summer.
Thanks all.

Want some advice ???

Don't set it up on the RV, get yourself a tripod and set it up that way.
This way you can move the dish to an open area regardless.
If you set it up on the RV you may find yourself in an area that has trees blocking your direction.

Also, :welcome to the site !!!

Jimbo

Thanks for the advice about using a tripod, that makes a lot of sense! I am happy to hear that I will at least be able to get the major channels in HD.

There's always digital OTA when traveling.

Yup, I do that too, you can do that provided the RV TV is new enough for the Digital tuner to be in it.

The one I use does NOT have one, unfortunatly I bought it a year too early, so I need either a D* rec. or one of the governments digital boxes for it.

Jimbo

Yup, I do that too, you can do that provided the RV TV is new enough for the Digital tuner to be in it.

The one I use does NOT have one, unfortunatly I bought it a year too early, so I need either a D* rec. or one of the governments digital boxes for it.

Jimbo

Doesn't the DirecTV receiver have one or is that the neutered one?

Jimbo

Doesn't the DirecTV receiver have one or is that the neutered one?

Yes the D* rec. does have one in it, I use a HR700 for camping so I can record while out doing other things and catch up before bed.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)