another stab hh90 question

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I was double checking the settings for inclination and elevation. The inclination was OK per the manual instructions but there isn't any markings for elevation. I had another motor mounting plate and it had both elevation and latitude markings on the side of the plate - turns out that it is the mounting plate for my defunct SG9120 and it doesn't fit the HH90. So, if someone can point me to how to adjust the elevation settings I would be "much obliged". Or I could guess at it. There's another adjustment on the dish (WS9036) itself but I can't find the original documentation for setting that. As I recall, the original docs for the dish setting was vague at best. It's a triangular cutout with numbers from 2 to 5. I might be replacing the dish anyway since it has hail dents in it also - don't know if I can get insurance to cough up some more bucks for that. Attached are photos of both sides of the HH90 mounting plate.

Attachments

• 20200628_211034.jpg
    20200628_211034.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 20200628_211018.jpg
    20200628_211018.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 250
On the .........18.jpg picture the scale is clearly visible on the motor housing. Is that what you were looking for?

No. That's the latitude adjustment (I called it inclination by mistake). The elevation adjustment is what I'm concerned about and it turns out that's an adjustment on the dish itself and I believe it can be seen through the triangular window on the dish itself. But those numbers are between 2 and 5 so I'm guessing that a setting of 4 would be 40 degrees. Attached are images of the triangular window. Each one has different numbers showing. I don't have the instructions for setting that and there doesn't appear to be an online manual for this dish either.

Attachments

• 20200629_085000.jpg
    20200629_085000.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 20200629_084920.jpg
    20200629_084920.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 238
Set the motor to USALS for your receiver. Put your latitude & longitude into the receivers settings for this. Put the dish & motor on a level pole, and connect the coax to the receiver. Choose the closest South satellite that you KNOW has a good signal on it, and let the receiver move the motor & dish where it thinks the sat is. In fact with USALS, it doesn't even really have to be the closest South satellite.

Then just adjust the elevation bar on the dish until you have signal. Since it's not marked like it should be, you might have to tweak around slightly. But this should get you into the ballpark.

p.s. before doing all this, make SURE the motor can do a "return to zero"/GOTO X, and it really lines up on the 0 on the motor. I haven't used my Mio for USALS, so I can't help you directly on changing the menus for this.

Reactions: MikeI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts