Another store closing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

barco13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Kansas City Metro
Well, the second closest store to me is closing (after the closest closed awhile back) and there are "plans" to relocate at a later date. This means 0 stores in SW Johnson County. I understand the closings, just thinking they are missing out on a large market. The 119th st location was always crowded, but I'm sure the lease was high. Was really enjoying getting a movie and exchanging for a game in store.

the in store exchange is a joke. every time you turn around another 1 is closing. for me the closest play to do instore exchange is over a hour away. its not really a good selling point since they are closing more and more stotes.

the in store exchange is a joke. every time you turn around another 1 is closing. for me the closest play to do instore exchange is over a hour away. its not really a good selling point since they are closing more and more stotes.

I can agree with that, it's not a good selling point.....

We still have one very close by, could ride a bike there on a nice day. They do pretty good business and I am thinking lease might be good. But recently we have two others close

Our closest store is, according to the BB website, 1.93 miles from our home. That store is extremely busy, even on weekdays it seems. We also have 4 other stores within reasonable distance although I don't use any of them. The mileage to those stores: 6.41, 8.43, 10.59, 11.10. I am not 100% sure all those stores are open since they are not in my normal daily route, although I can say that I am pretty sure about a couple of them. I also know that some that did close are no longer on the list, so I think it is pretty accurate.

If it weren't so darned convenient, I'd probably not consider it such a huge advantage over Netflix. But there is absolutely no way Netflix can compete with having a well-stocked store staffed with friendly, knowledgeable staff just a couple minutes from my home. I totally understand the sentiment of those that don't have a local store, however.

Also, it isn't accurate at all to say the in-store exchange is a joke as that is a blanket statement and I can tell you from the box of exchanged mailers behind the counter when we make our exchanges that a lot of people are taking advantage of it. You can say it doesn't work for you due to having no local store and I can respect that. But to say it isn't a benefit is just dead wrong.

When I am in Florida I do have one close, with a very decent selection. It was closing but said it was going to relocate to a smaller store, I didn't think that would actually happen, but it did. Still a good way to exchange movies. In Ct. there is also one kinda sorta near me, but I wouldn't call it convienent. I have to agree so many seem to be closing that it may not be a key selling point.... :)

As I said in another thread, I have got 11 dvds in the last month, by returning the mailed disc to my local store and getting one from the store. It cost me nothing, since I already had the Platinum package before it switched to BB@Home. Very Happy with BB@ Home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)