Antenna dilemma

danev6972

Original poster
Oct 1, 2004
I have been having signal problems with the voom antenna.
Previously I received 5 channels from the stealth antenna and now I have only 2 channels from the upgrade.

Honestly, I really do not care too much about other locals but one:
CBS --hd or not.

To cut it short...I hooked up the cable to my vcr and was able to get CBS.
What frustrates me is that I keep on moving my 57" TV to switch cables bec.
I only have one cable/sat line.

I tried to remedy this with an indoor amplified antenna but signal strenght was unacceptable.

Also bought a 2-way splitter...I hooked the receiver to "OUT" 1, VCR>'OUT"2
& the CABLE/SAT line behind the tv to "IN" using a short cable.
The result: I was able to get CBS from the VCR[with the voom antenna]but NO signal from the dish.

Since voom uses only one line for both OTA & Dish--How do I make this work without climbing on the roof or attic? A multi-switch maybe? HEEELLLLPPPP!!! :( :confused:

danev6972 said:
Since voom uses only one line for both OTA & Dish--How do I make this work without climbing on the roof or attic? A multi-switch maybe? HEEELLLLPPPP!!! :( :confused:
What you need is a special type of splitter that passes DC voltage on one side only: the STB supplies voltage to the LNB and to the antenna (in case you have an amplified one). You can't use a standard splitter on a diplexed cable!
But I think the main question is why is that the upgraded antenna doesn't work? What type of antenna do you have?

By the way, welcome to the forum! Sorry we neglected your posting until now... ;)

Welcome,

I am having a similar problem with my "upgrade" of the stealth to a Wineguard. I wouldn't be surprised if its your antenna "upgrade" I went from 8 stations down to 3. I have Installs Inc. coming out for a third time this Friday and will let you know if I learn anything. MJB

Bilodeaumj,
Is this an amplified Winegard? Do you have a diplexer or a separate line? How is the voltage supplied to the antenna?

The reason I am asking this, because there have been a lot of OTA problems reported in the past, that were caused by a wrong type of diplexer, or a missing power supply in case of a separate line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts