Antenna In Attic

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jaybertx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
This is more curiosity than anything. :)

I have an antenna in the attic that picks up my OTA HD signals relatively well. I have one signal that is marginal.

When my car is in the garage and the garage is shut, I usually get decent signal.

If my car is not in the garage or the garage door is open, the signal is unwatchable.

HUH?!?!?! I'm sure there's some phenomena or other going on there but can anyone explain why that's happening? :)

First question, does you garage, antenna and the station's tower lie on the same line?

Second, have you tried moving the antenna when the car is not in the garage to see if the station gets picked up again?

Third, if it's the weakest signal, is the antenna pointed at it? Assuming it's a directional?

Multipath problems.

I tried everything I could think of to make my antenna work in the attic. Different antennas, amps, etc. I just gave up and moved it outside.... Signal now is clean and drives 2 811's, a 942 and the Sony without an amp...

Winegard 9095.

G.

I also use attic antennas. Many of the signals you receive in an attic are reflected signals. Leaving the garage door open is proably disturbing one of those reflections. Try moving your antenna around in the attic while the garage door is open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)