Antenna TV on OTA WNUV Baltimore

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
It looks like DISH added guide data for the subject channel. Was it there before but I never noticed?

I failed to notice this channel at all. But if it had no guide data before, I know why.

Would you mind sharing what you know?
I'm sorry Geronimo for my ambiguous comment.

What I meant to suggest was that, if WNUV had no guide data before, I would not have taken any notice of the channel since I never channel-surf; I scroll down the guide instead. No guide; no stopping or actually tuning to the channel.

So, since I never tuned to this channel at all, I wouldn't notice if it suddenly had guide data now. I am now going to find it and see if it has any programming worth watching. I don't even know what channel number it is...

It is not the main WNUV channel that is in question. It is the -2 subchannel. Antenna TV. It will be useful to some because the DC affiliate has no guide data.

I see "Antenn" on channels 50-2 and 54-2, but neither have guide data. Which channel is WNUV? Aha. I see it's 54.

54-2. As it turns out though the data is for Laff TV. So it is not oh much use at all.

A byproduct of the switch over to ATSC in that market.

54-2. As it turns out though the data is for Laff TV. So it is not oh much use at all.
I see no guide data for any of channel 54's subchannels. Did you have to rescan? I'm using the Hopper 3 w/AirTV dual tuner. What are you using that allows you to pick up the guide?

It would appear from this thread: Washington, DC / Baltimore, MD - HDTV that WNUV has some ATSC3. Is that your reading of that thread too?

Last edited:
WNUV's transmitter is being used for ATSC-3 in Baltimore. The ATSC 1.0 version is using the WMAR transmitter. That often leads to this problem with the .1 guide data. I was unaware it would happen with .2 guide data as well

Reactions: TheKrell
WNUV's transmitter is being used for ATSC-3 in Baltimore. The ATSC 1.0 version is using the WMAR transmitter. That often leads to this problem with the .1 guide data. I was unaware it would happen with .2 guide data as well
Did you figure out why you see guide data on subchannels but I don't? We both see guide data on .1. Different receivers or tuners? Frequent rescans? I haven't done that even now.

I have no idea other than it may ha e to do with the distance from the nearest water tower. . But since my guide data is incorrect you are not missing much.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TheKrell