Antenna TV Weekend Preview

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just got home!

I was north of I-90 on Peach Street at Lowe's, Sam's Club and Harbor Freight!

Channel 9.1 and 9.2 are RTV and Tuff Tv and are new not too long ago. I cannot

pick them up for some reason. :(

I now scanned in 15 channels including 3 analog (10, 31 & 40). There is also a 9.3 airing an old B&W movie. I'm wondering what channel this is. I'm very impressed that this small antenna picks up 15 OTA channels very clear in my hotel room.

Attachments

• 076SG.JPG
    076SG.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 096SG.JPG
    096SG.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 108SG.JPG
    108SG.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 125SG.JPG
    125SG.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 120
There are a couple of duplicate channels out of Erie.

Channel 12.1 is WICU NBC
Channel 12.2 is WBEP The CW (WSEE-DT2 officially)
Channel 12.3 is WSEE CBS

Channel 35.1 is WSEE CBS
Channel 35.2 is WBEP The CW (WSEE-D2 officially)

WICU is owned by SJL Broadcasting and WSEE is owned by Lilly but operated by SJL. Both now operate out of WICU's facility on Peach Street and WSEE's downtown studio is closed. Popcorn take Peach Street or Route 19 south for a couple of miles and you will see why you pick those up so well. Hint: Look for all the broadcast towers outside of your window! ;)

Channel 10 is CFPL out of London, Ontario and now known as the "A Channel".
Channel 31 is City-TV out of Woodstock, Ontario (Near London)
Channel 40 is CBLW (CBC) is also in London.

When you watch the PBS channels (WQLN 54.1, 54.2, 54.3) you will see they claim 2 hometowns - Erie, PA and London, Ontario. Viewer support comes from both sides of the puddle!

I just read that "CityTV" is out of Canada. So, I picked up 3 analog channels from Canada in Erie? Oh my God!

I saw that tower as we left tonight.

Probably to protect themselves from having unscrupulous television stations grabing the feed and replacing the network commercial inventory with their own, thus making more money that what they would be making as an affiliate. This is why America One is encrypted. Also, there are licensing agreements in place with Sony Television that have to be protected. And encryption was probably one of the contract provisions.
If it's free OTA whyinthehell is it encrypted?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts