Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
WOW New Retro TV Channel Coming!!!

Wednesday, September 01, 2010
New Digital Station Antenna TV Coming in January 2011; CMT Fall 2010, Hallmark Channel Update

I think we have the news of the year folks! A new digital broadcast station is coming soon from Tribune Broadcasting and will feature classic TV shows and movies! Tribune Broadcasting has announced the launch of Antenna TV, a classic television and general entertainment movie network to air as a digital multicast on Tribune's broadcast stations beginning January 3, 2011. Tribune markets include New York's WPIX, Los Angeles' KTLA and Chicago's local WGN. The Chicago affiliate for Antenna TV will be WGN-DT 9.2. Antenna TV will also be offered for national distribution to non-Tribune stations. Stay with us in the coming months for an official list of stations.
Antenna TV will offer a combination of movies and classic television shows including: Three's Company, All in the Family, Sanford and Son, Good Times, Too Close for Comfort, Benny Hill, Maude, The Partridge Family, The Nanny, and Married...with Children. And even more cool stuff like Three's Company's short-lived spin-offs The Ropers and Three's a Crowd will air within Three's Company itself! That sounds very cool and unique! More to come on this in the coming months. Black & white classic television series will air in the overnight and includes classics like Father Knows Best, Dennis the Menace, The Donna Reed Show, and on weekends The Three Stooges. As you may have noticed, the series are mostly from Sony Pictures Television and a few from Don Taffner's DLT Entertainment. More shows will be announced soon, so stay tuned.
A schedule isn't ready for release yet but there will be movies in the daytime and sitcoms starting at 5pm and going through the overnight hours. NO paid programming will be on this digital multicast at all, as it is 24/7 entertainment! There will be a lot of themed events, including holiday marathons. This is going to be a delight for sitcom and classic TV fans! Many of these series have not aired on local syndication in years, so this will be fun to watch in a new way on digital television! This station comes from the same people who run the cable network WGN America and the digital station THIS TV, so you bet Antenna TV will be good. Stay with us for further updates and we will be the first to let you know the launch schedule when ready! And special thanks as always to Sean Compton, president of programming for Tribune Broadcasting, for his help and information!

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
These are the 19 markets that have Tribune owned stations (thus these markets will be getting Antenna TV FOR SURE on a digital station):

1. Market #1. New York City WPIX
2. Market #2. Los Angeles KTLA
3. Market #3. Chicago WGN-TV
4. Market #4. Philadelphia WPHL-TV
5. Market #5. Dallas - Fort Worth KDAF
6. Market #9. Washington, D.C. WDCW
7. Market #10. Houston
8. Market #13. Tacoma - Seattle KCPQ/KMYQ
9. Market #16. Denver KWGN-TV
10. Market #17. Miami - Fort Lauderdale WSFL-TV
11. Market #20. Sacramento - Stockton - Modesto KTXL
12. Market #21. St. Louis KPLR-TV
13. Market #22. Salem - Portland, OR KRCW-TV
14. Market #25. Indianapolis WXIN; Bloomington, Indiana WTTV/WTTK
15. Market #28. San Diego KSWB-TV
16. Market #30. Hartford - New Haven, CT WTIC-TV; Waterbury, Connecticut WCCT-TV
17. Market #39. York - Harrisburg - Lancaster - Lebanon, PA WPMT
18. Market #41. Grand Rapids - Battle Creek - Kalamazoo, MI WXMI
19. Market #51. New Orleans WGNO / WNOL-TV

If you are not in these markets, then AS OF NOW, Antenna TV is not scheduled to come to your area, but they are trying to expand more than just the Tribune markets...so don't give up hope.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I do know that you can subscribe to WPIX and KTLA on Dish Network for about $1.50 a month each if these channels are going to have the Antenna TV programming.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
actually it went up to $2 per and it sounds like these will be subchannels not main ones.
The main stations will stay CW

tvropro

On Vacation
Mar 9, 2007
I get WGN OTA, this is cool. 9.2 has been dead since LATV moved to some low power channel locally. I like the idea of playing the Ropers and 3's a Crowd :) with Three's Company.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I get WGN OTA, this is cool. 9.2 has been dead since LATV moved to some low power channel locally. I like the idea of playing the Ropers and 3's a Crowd :) with Three's Company.

Me too. I also like the fact that it will be 24/7 entertainment with NO paid programming.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
For a few seconds I thought that FreeDBS hit the airwaves!!!... :eek:

This sounds great!!! It would be a dream if it was FTA!!!!!!! :cool:

If it is a subchannel, Erie is our main source of OTA, which means do not expect it in my area anytime soon! :(

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
16. Market #30. Hartford - New Haven, CT WTIC-TV; Waterbury, Connecticut WCCT-TV

It will probably be WTIC which currently has no subchanels. WCCT has THIS TV on its Subchannel already.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
In the Los Angeles market on KTLA 5, we have This TV on 5.2.
Sounds like a conflict.
Wonder how that will play out?

Speaking of which, I just watched Cadillac Man with Robin Williams, which I recorded on This TV, recently.
I was displeased that it was so seriously -sanitized- with all bad words removed.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Sounds like a conflict.

Speaking of which, I just watched Cadillac Man with Robin Williams, which I recorded on This TV, recently.
I was displeased that it was so seriously -sanitized- with all bad words removed.

5-3 or 5-5 I'd say :D

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Great news on the new channel! Wow, it's hard to believe that New Orleans has slipped out of the top 50...

Looking forward to some old good programming. This will be like the good old days. Some of this programs willl make me feel like a kid again, as if I was back in high school.

I am just happy to New Orleans WGNO/WNOL-TV as much as stogie5150 and Tron. Happy times will be here again.:D:D

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Sounds like a conflict.

According to some of the articles most tribune stations will have BITH.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Well Cincinnati is a big market and it's not coming here that I see. Maybe it will cause RTV to shake up it's line up? I doubt we'll see it FTA...Maybe we'll get lucky though....Blind

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
It sure would be nice if they allowed this FTA for better coverage for those of us not living near one of those markets. Since I have RTV and THIS locally, I'm hoping for Antenna TV as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)