Any better way to browse movied on VOD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrbdmb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I finally got the DISH VOD hooked up last week, and watched a few movies on it. The problem is that browsing to see what movies are available is a monumental PITA. There are over 5000 movies listed, and the search and filtering features leave a lot to be desired (hard to search if you don't know what's there in the first place; filtering on 3-*** movies excludes a lot of movies that don't have a rating). And each time you browse the results you have to start at the top of the alphabet and work you way down one-by-one, no way that I know of to skip to a certain letter.

I tried to use Dishonline and the "Rent to DVR" function, but as soon as i click on "Free Movies Only" Dishonline comes back with zero results.

So, it there some relatively painless way to find out what is on Dish VOD? I know I could watch shows and movies on Dishonline, but I don't think crowding my family around a 17" monitor to watch a movie is going to go over real well. :rolleyes:

I got to agree with you there to find anything is a nightmare.

I was home today and looking for things and got frustrated after posing down just a few times.

eddie willers said:
One would assume there has been no improvement as they were waiting to do it all when it became Block Buster, n'est-ce pas?

As faras I know they are just changing the name not the interface.

At least list the available movies / shows on Dishonline, so I could then do a search in VOD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)