Any better way to browse movied on VOD?

jrbdmb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I finally got the DISH VOD hooked up last week, and watched a few movies on it. The problem is that browsing to see what movies are available is a monumental PITA. There are over 5000 movies listed, and the search and filtering features leave a lot to be desired (hard to search if you don't know what's there in the first place; filtering on 3-*** movies excludes a lot of movies that don't have a rating). And each time you browse the results you have to start at the top of the alphabet and work you way down one-by-one, no way that I know of to skip to a certain letter.

I tried to use Dishonline and the "Rent to DVR" function, but as soon as i click on "Free Movies Only" Dishonline comes back with zero results.

So, it there some relatively painless way to find out what is on Dish VOD? I know I could watch shows and movies on Dishonline, but I don't think crowding my family around a 17" monitor to watch a movie is going to go over real well. :rolleyes:

I got to agree with you there to find anything is a nightmare.

I was home today and looking for things and got frustrated after posing down just a few times.

eddie willers said:
One would assume there has been no improvement as they were waiting to do it all when it became Block Buster, n'est-ce pas?

As faras I know they are just changing the name not the interface.

At least list the available movies / shows on Dishonline, so I could then do a search in VOD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)