Any Chance Getting Bay Area Channels with this report?

gislands

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
California
Just curious what everyone thinks about this TV Fool report? Any chance getting the SF 70-75 miles away?
GIslands TV Fool Report.JPG

Sorry but my money is on probably not. All are 1 or 2edge and all flagged with co-channel or adjacent. Many of them pretty much in the same direction, and stronger/closer, than the SF tx.
If there 'is a way' think it would be pretty exotic/expensive.
The previous is my humble opinion only. Someone may have something that's worthwhile trying.

I'm inclined to agree. You have such strong signals right next to you that even if you had the proper outdoor antenna with lots of height, etc., it would be wiped out by the local stations on adjacent channels.

The San Jose signals (KQEH, KICU, KSTS, KDTV) are probably doable for you, but I wouldn't bet on seeing much else.

- Trip

I can get the Sacramento/Stockton stations from Walnut Grove here in San Francisco using a 10 element yagi for VHF and a CM4228 for UHF. They're up at about 35 feet above the roof, so with an antenna of similar gain you might get the stations from Sutro Tower, Mt. San Bruno and the South Bay from Elk Grove.

I'm just 3/4 mile from Sutro Tower, and the adjacent channels don't seem to cause a problem. I have 34 on Sutro next to 35 (KCRA channel 3) and 45 next to 46 (KQCA channel 58) and they don't seem to bother each other. You will need to use antennas with decent gain and I suspect they'll need to be up at least 35 to 40 feet.

Larry
SF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts