Any chance that this idea would work

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
I wonder if a 4 Hopper setup like this would work and allow all four Hoppers to see each other.

4 Hopper.jpg

I was wondering if more than two could work just not sure if the nodes will allow the Moca between each other
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

This is correct.

And until officially announced we can just guess, this rule could just be for new customers and not existing ones. :)

Are you certain Dish didn't mean 6 LEASED tuners, and after that the customer can pay full retail. Is it not now (changed about a year ago) a limit if 6 LEASED tuners, and more the customer can pay for? That would seem consistent, unless you are saying Dish will not allow more than 6 tuners in any household? Up until about a month ago, I had 12 tuners for a very long time, Dish leased by the first 4 tuners, but I paid for the remainder.

I can see a few family situations such as many generations of families moving in together because of the stinky economy who might really use a 3rd Hopper for 9 tuners, but it would be certainly be reasonable for Dish to expect the customer to pick-up the full tab on any Hoppers beyond the first 2. Of course, Dish will have to limit the number of Hoppers it will allow in a household for a while so they have sufficient inventory to provide them to as many households (especially new) as possible.

joshua.mcglothlen said:
explain why you wont lease? Why spend hundreds of dollars to pay the same monthly fee?

Some people may need more tuners/receivers than dish will lease. Some of us don't like being under contracts. I don't like having equipment that I don't own to do with as I please.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I wonder if a 4 Hopper setup like this would work and allow all four Hoppers to see each other.

Will not work. Each hopper uses four of eight available MOCA channels. That interconnect would knock everything out.

Last edited:
The rule has always been been 3 receiver and 6 tuners. The max has also been 6 tuners leased. Now I know some have more than that since they own the equipment. If people want to go over that amount they need a second account. I have one customer that has two accounts in one house just because they want that many independent tvs and they can afford it. It's ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts