Any chances that new Ku band satellite 33 Galaxy will be use for videos feeds?

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
They just recently launched a new birds 33 and 34 into orbit.

33 Galaxy bird has a Ku band and Ka band and will be located at 133 W* location.

Any chance they will be using videos feeds on Ku and possibly Ka bands? :hungry

Don't want to see other data feeds junk.:p

Happy satellite TV DXing everyone's!!:hatsoff

Just Google it:

"Galaxy 33 will be the replacement satellite at 133 degrees west once it is in service in early November. The satellite will provide service continuity for distribution to cable headends throughout the United States."

"Galaxy 34 will replace Galaxy 12 at 129 degrees west once it is in service in late 2022. This satellite will serve as the new restoration payload for Intelsat’s Galaxy cable distribution customers, allowing the previous restoration role at 121 degrees west to be converted to a core cable distribution satellite."

Reactions: c-spand
I saw Lyngsat lists a 4K HEVC Intelsat promo channel on the Ku side of Galaxy 33 at 133°W. I'm outside of the satellite's footprint to confirm if it's still there.

G33-133W-NAKH.jpg

I saw Lyngsat lists a 4K HEVC Intelsat promo channel on the Ku side of Galaxy 33 at 133°W. I'm outside of the satellite's footprint to confirm if it's still there.

G33-133W-NAKH.jpg
I've tried a few times but could not even see any bump on the spectrum around 11980 H. I'm in CT so the signal should be strong but this is a tough satellite for me as i'm aiming through trees. I am able to get the C-Band channels though, with some difficulties, in winter.

Has anyone here had any luck receiving this Ku channel?

Reactions: N5XZS