This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Any changes to premium packages?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sancho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
I posed this question in the thread about the new Choice package, but since that is an older thread I think it might be being overlooked, so here it is again.

With the new Choice Ultimate package coming out, is D* going to make any changes to the Premium packages?

I currently subscribe to the Starz pack because in addition to the 5 Starz channels I also get the 9 Encore channels. If the new package is going to allow access to the Encore channels for only $5, paying $12 for only 5 Starz channels doesn't make much sense. Is D* planning any changes to the Starz pack or will I be better served canceling Starz and upgrading to Choice Ultimate when it becomes available on 2/9?

Also, as a current Starz subscriber, can I call and get Showtime free like they're offering to new Starz subscribers? Could this combination of Starz/Showtime be a result of the new package?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

No word on choice ultimate, but I doubt they starz price will drop any.

As for you getting free showtime, call them an ask. Otherwise, drop starz for a month, then after your bill cycles you can add the new promo for B1G1.

A few weeks ago I cancelled HBO/CINEMAX and added STARZ&SHOWTIME and got the STARZ/SHOWTIME 2-for-1 deal for 3 months. I'm even getting TMC now. Is it normal to get TMC when you have SHOWTIME ?

A few weeks ago I cancelled HBO/CINEMAX and added STARZ&SHOWTIME and got the STARZ/SHOWTIME 2-for-1 deal for 3 months. I'm even getting TMC now. Is it normal to get TMC when you have SHOWTIME ?
Yes it is normal. You will also get FLIX.

Status
Please reply by conversation.