Any Costco 921 sightings yet?

The Costcos in Northern Virginia have them on order but they were suppose to be recieved 26 November. Costco said Echostar was having trouble meeting their demand and to call back in a week. Price (if they ever show up) will be $489.99

Got a 921 last night ($489) at Costco Roseville, CA. They had 12 left. I didn't realize the activation form was located inside the box, so Dish tried to charge me $119 for install. I found the activation form this morning and scheduled the free install for next week. I assume all switches, etc, will be included in the free installation.

Well, apparently I should move to California. Seems like 921's are a dime a dozen there ;)

Still none in the denver area, and they don't plan on getting any :(

Just called again in Baltomore area, a few Northern Va stores "have them on order" eta 12/17, no Maryland stores even show them on order. Road trip to VA maybe!

One thing that I thought was funny was that in the box was a certificate for installation for new customers and existing customers.
On the bottom of the cert it says, "Dish Player-DVR 921 reciever REQUIRES Dish Network Service fee of $4.98/mo AND additional purchase of Dish Network HD PAK at $9.99/mo

I sure hope no one falls for this erronous and misleading attempt to force buyers to get the HD PAK if they didnt want it.

Some Costcos in CA will not get and did not order any 921s. But check with the manager and they can find other stores with 921s in stock using their inventory system.

I just picked one up at costco in Seattle, WA (Tukwilla store). They had 14 - now there are 11 left. $489 plus tax. Brought it home and put it in place of my 721 and had the upgrade to 2.11 and activated and complete guide in about 1 hour.

The "original" Costco on Morena in San Diego has like a dozen. $489, and in a prettier box than the $999 JVC-branded 921s at Fry's :D

Yep, when dish first dropped to $569, I asked the guy at Fry's in Renton if they were going to drop their price, he looked at me like I was from outer space, glad I waited for the Costco deal...

I have a 721 and an 811. I am thinking to upgrade to 921, buying it at costco as the price seems reasonable now. Just a quick question on the required switches, etc. If I buy it from Costco, will I need any additional switches, etc. Will Dish support my installation if I use the existing SW64?

Also, has anyone seen any 921s in NY city?

The 921s from costco have a free installation certificate inside that will cover what you need.

I saw a bunch of 921's at the Carmel Mountain Costco in San Diego yesterday. Interesting thing is that every box has a piece of paper attached to it on the outside saying to get free installation (for new AND current customers) call a local installer (with his name and phone number provided).

No 921 at my Costco in Central Florida. Spoke to manager and she doesn't think it will come soon. It seems only the west cost stores are carrying it.

Several of them in stock at the Costco in Moreno Valley CA. I didn't count them but would estimate at least a dozen. There is also a note from the distributor (I think) about activation instructions posted above them. Price is $489.

Both Costco stores in my area (Roseville, CA and Folsom, CA) have at least 10 in stock for $489. It is in a very nice looking Box. I really was tempted to buy one, but then I remebered that I do not have a HDTV yet...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)