Any Deals on Center Ice?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If rsn's are pulled for some on 11/1 wonder if CI deals might be a bit better to appease folks?

thank you. the nba can rejoice in that. did ou ask for mls nascar or cricket for discounts?
i dragged it down cause you advertise to the whole board that you call up dtv on thier expensive sports packages and beg for discounts. hmmm.
if you dont like the price to begin with, dont buy it!

i do however appreciate your personal attack.
Umm Stoney..NHL CI is offered with a discount if subbed by 10/31.
Shut it.

Who cares? Someone is taking this way too seriously (but then again your signature proves that discounts to you mean little to nothing)

If Directv is willing to give a discount to someone who calls in how is that misuse? I can understand calling in every week asking but if you ask at the beginning of the season so what? I already posted my experience. Added sports pack for college football season, called in a month later to remove and they gave me $60 to keep it. Did I want to get rid of it? nah not really. I wanted to see if they would give me a discount and they did. After all they keep calling me about adding them damn movies to the account which I dont want.

I called Qwest (my internet provider) this spring to see if there was a better option out there. They couldnt find one but still gave me $10 a month off my internet and $10 off my Directv (since I bundle) for a year.

Last year I called Sprint about my account and they gave me $10 off my plan for a year (well it was free texting but that is $10 a month)

If a provider gives you a discount why is the customer the bad guy? Its the provider who decides to give the discount. They can say no ya know.
Some people are so rigind in their thinking that when they go off on a tangent, they lose sight of all rational thought.
As a savvy consumer, I will always ask if there are discount/deals to be had. Only dummies pay full price when there are deals to be had.
Heck, I haven't played a round of golf at the rack rate in 15 years. I call the course or go on their website to look for deals all the time.
If that makes me a cheapskate, well I guess I am a cheapskate. Doesn't matter what people think. I am on the plane looking at the guy next to me who paid twice as much for his seat as I did.

dont hate ice,

just cause i pay my bills and dont look for handouts

whats wrong with asking for discounts, nothing

asking for discounts on expensive sport packages year after year isnt right

IF YOU CANT AFFORD OR NEED DISCOUNT TO JUSTIFY SPORTS PACKAGE DONT PURCHASE IT!
Oh please stop it. Let's get this thread back under control now, please.

What's the big deal about asking for a discount anyways? Hasn't DirecTV been bragging for months that new subs get free NFLST? Loyal subs should get a break for continuing their subscription. If DirecTV would give new subs free NHLCI rather than NFLST I would have switched immediately.

I could be wrong but since NFLST is an D* exclusive, they lose less money giving that Away than NHL CI that is offered to multiple TV providers for a standard price across the board???

Iceberg said:
ENOUGH!

Now lets get back on topic of any deal we have received on NHL CI....

My main reason for starting this thread was to see if there were any deals on center ice.

That's what this forum is about! If I save some bucks id love for you guys to get the same deal.

Good news, I did save some money and why not. We all work hard. Better in out pockets.

So anyone interested in saving money on center ice. Just ask the csr. 120 for package.

My main reason for starting this thread was to see if there were any deals on center ice.

That's what this forum is about! If I save some bucks id love for you guys to get the same deal.
exactly. But some people must think they are "better" than us ;)

Good news, I did save some money and why not. We all work hard. Better in out pockets.

So anyone interested in saving money on center ice. Just ask the csr. 120 for package.
good to know. Might call them back and see what they give me

Iceberg said:
exactly. But some people must think they are "better" than us ;)

good to know. Might call them back and see what they give me

Go for it Ice. It's worth a phone call. Im
Ecstatic I have center ice back.

I called and voiced my concerns with the pending fox issue and was worried about losing Fox RSN's in the CI package. The CSR said CI subscribers wouldn't lose fox rsn feeds for nhl games, and that they would still be in HD as well. I asked him to double check and he came back on the phone after speaking with his manager that hd feeds will not be loss. I also asked for any specials for CI, and he offered $7 off month for 12 months. I graciously accepted. :) He also put a note on my account to that I would be issued a full refund credit on CI if this is not the case.

I called and voiced my concerns with the pending fox issue and was worried about losing Fox RSN's in the CI package. The CSR said CI subscribers wouldn't lose fox rsn feeds for nhl games, and that they would still be in HD as well. I asked him to double check and he came back on the phone after speaking with his manager that hd feeds will not be loss. I also asked for any specials for CI, and he offered $7 off month for 12 months. I graciously accepted. :) He also put a note on my account to that I would be issued a full refund credit on CI if this is not the case.

Glad you got a deal!

Status
Please reply by conversation.