Any deals on HBO Max?

Reactions: comfortably_numb
What's the least inexpensive way to get HBO Max? My daughter likes watching Impractical Jokers and that seems to be the only place to find it...

We also have Netflix, Disney+, Apple Music... it's all starting to add up.
The least expensive way? Surely you have a friend or relative that will share their HBO password with you. Or you can offer to share the cost of the subscription. Be creative. Or do you think you will serve a prison term for sharing?

I get it for free with AT&T, but the benefits aren't really worth the price these days. If it wasn't for Cartoon Network and TCM attached, it really wouldn't be that worth it. With streaming fracturing, programming on it isn't what it was.

I've got a problem with HBO Max. My subscription ran out on that 6 month preview they had when they started and I renewed for the full year at $149.99 but when I checked my credit card they had charged me $169.01. I called their number for support but all they could do was turn it over to accounting and they would send an email to discuss the problem. I can't remember if they charged me for taxes etc. but $20.00 is a bit excessive.:mad:

I've got a problem with HBO Max. My subscription ran out on that 6 month preview they had when they started and I renewed for the full year at $149.99 but when I checked my credit card they had charged me $169.01. I called their number for support but all they could do was turn it over to accounting and they would send an email to discuss the problem. I can't remember if they charged me for taxes etc. but $20.00 is a bit excessive.:mad:
I had been paying $14.99 monthly until somebody around here pointed out the annual plan, so I went and signed up for it. The month of June was billed in advance on 5/30 for $14.99, and I bought the annual on 6/7. I checked with Roku and they assured me that my annual was prorated for the overlap, with a charge of $139.07 on 6/8. It is billed through Roku and my experience with them is that the rate is as shown without tax added.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Do you pay taxes on any other streaming services? In NC, we do, and it is regular sales tax rates.

Do you pay taxes on any other streaming services? In NC, we do, and it is regular sales tax rates.
FB35DBB0-C1F8-4DBE-89CD-F3FCAEC47924.png

The majority of those states charge sales tax on streaming services, more and more states charge the Netflix Tax-

View attachment 152286

The majority of those states charge sales tax on streaming services, more and more states charge the Netflix Tax-

One more reason why I love Missouri :)

• Angry
Don't know if this is true for all American Express accounts but right now my AmEx card has an offer for HBO Max. It has to be activated for your account via their website or app (in the same place where they always feature similar offers from various merchants).

If you spend $99.99 or more in one transaction (meaning you purchase an annual subscription), you get $25 cash back on your account. So that would bring a one-year subscription with ads down to $75 or without ads to $125 (plus tax, if applicable where you live). The offer is good through mid-December of this year.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Too answer all your questions I went back and searched on my credit card when I first signed up with them and found that the $69.99 deal was $79.01. So I guess everything is kosher by what that is telling me. And to answer the ? of taxes. Yes I do City , County, State and a miniscule tax by the government. So thank you for the help and disregard my post.
Danny Mcbride Hbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones
:)

Reactions: ncted
View attachment 152286

That was a good post. Very informative.

View attachment 152286

Not to get political (not my intention) but I can’t believe New York and California have tax exemptions on anything!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts