Any Deals on HBO?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

repcmm

Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
texas
My 3 free months of movie channels is almost up. I would like to keep HBO. Anybody get any good deals on HBO. I guess Dish always just spoiled me with giving deals. I could go with HBOnow for $15, but would rather have it on Direct.

My 3 free months of movie channels is almost up. I would like to keep HBO. Anybody get any good deals on HBO. I guess Dish always just spoiled me with giving deals. I could go with HBOnow for $15, but would rather have it on Direct.
If you don't get it call back and play CSR Roulette and you may get it and good luck

If you don't get it call back and play CSR Roulette and you may get it and good luck
NEVER gonna happen, getting HBO for $10 for Life.

After looking, HBO currently cost $17.99.
He's asking for almost half price for life, not gonna happen.

I don't watch movie channels, but if they offered me it for $10 for life, I'd probably jump on it.

Now he might find a HBO/Cinemax deal, a 2 for 1 or something like that for several months, I think at one time they had it good for 6 months.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I don't watch movie channels, but if they offered me it for $10 for life, I'd probably jump on it.
I have HBO included in my cable package (free for a year) and $10 is $9.99 too much in my opinion. ;)

The one day I was talking to my mom and she has Showtime free for 3 months on D* and she read some of the titles of movies that day. Real bad ones...

I had her rolling when I read off the HBO titles for that day. Sh*t that was lame when it came out in the 80's/early 90's.

She said "you win. No wonder why they give us this crap for free"

Reactions: Troch77
Personally, I think all movie channels are over priced, but it is what it is.
If ya don't want to pay what they are asking, ya don't get it, its that simple.

Ice, as you know, Cable is different as far as pricing goes.

If D* offered it for $10 a month for a year, they'd probably get a lot of people ...
I think the only thing that is keeping the "Movie Channels" going is the Home grown series they are offering, the movies, like Ice said, are generally old.

Yea when I had Dish it was $10 a month until cancel. I don't think Direct will go for that, but I will call Tuesday to see if any deals. I only watch HBO for original programming, the movies I have already seen might watch a few over again. Hopefully I get for $15 or less or I might go HBOnow. If not will just watch show then cancel and come back again later and binge watch.

NEVER gonna happen, getting HBO for $10 for Life.

After looking, HBO currently cost $17.99.
He's asking for almost half price for life, not gonna happen.

Now he might find a HBO/Cinemax deal, a 2 for 1 or something like that for several months, I think at one time they had it good for 6 months.
I meant keep trying and maybe you will get a discount by playing CSR roulette

I am not asking for $10, just if they can do better than $18.00 since HBOnow is $15. I have a number for loyalty dept. that I always use for uverse internet and they always give me a great deal. If they don't give me a deal I will cancel after GOT. If I get a deal I will keep HBO longer. I always ask what they can do for me and not demand a price. The nicer you talk to them the more they will try to help you.

I am not asking for $10, just if they can do better than $18.00 since HBOnow is $15. I have a number for loyalty dept. that I always use for uverse internet and they always give me a great deal. If they don't give me a deal I will cancel after GOT. If I get a deal I will keep HBO longer. I always ask what they can do for me and not demand a price. The nicer you talk to them the more they will try to help you.
I thought the HBO thing was free as long as you had a sub to it ?
Of course you can't use it if you don't have a sub.

HBO now is a stand alone streaming that you pay for to be able to stream on devices like roku and apple tv, the app HBO go is a option to stream your HBO sub. from cable or satellite to a computer or media player.

HBO now costs 15.00 dollars a month but only 1 channel , but you can play any show or movie or series that is on HBO.

Maybe I just don't watch enough TV, but when the various premium channels have their free promotional weekends I go through and record all the stuff that looks interesting. However, I didn't even bother this past weekend, because with the programs we record and watch regularly, MLB games I don't have time to watch, DVD's we've bought and never had time to watch and Netflix, I have movies that have been on the DVR for a year waiting to be watched. When they call and offer me the 3 month free deal I just laugh at them. I don't have enough time to watch what I have now. This week my wife and I will have one night we are both home, maybe.

Called to cancel the 3 free months of premium channels. She asked if I would like to keep any of them, I told her HBO. I asked if any deals, she said HBO $10.99 for 6 months, took it.
If they are going to make you call to cancel instead of doing online, might as well ask for deals. I don't care about the movies just watch it for original programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)